Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Using isopropyl alcohol on awkward windows in the trad polework

DannyB

Hi tradders!

Some first floor windows, especially at the back of a family property, are very difficult to reach. Especially if there is a low roof extension in front of them, on which you can't climb. As a tradder you must then use some long pole (e.g. Lewi) to reach such awkward windows, and because you have to hold the long pole almost horizontally, the end of pole is so fiddly that you have no chance to precisely control a wagtail or any other squeegee. What you can do is to apply some hedgehog microfibre sleeve on the pole-mounted t-bar, but even if you spray de-ionised water on such sleeve, you end up (especially when doing the first clean) with ugly smears on the window panes. Has anyone tried some isopropyl alcohol based or containing solution to subsequently get rid of such smears?

Try a 0° unger swiveloc or an excelerator and you'll be fine with practice

The only way to avoid smears is to be good enough to not leave any detailing to need doing

I have a 0° swiveloc with 10" liquidator channel (middle squeegee in my avatar pic) for exceptionally awkward jobs as it is so responsive and works differently to any others

I need to try it with a moerman fliq to see if i can use it like an excelerator or wagtail or if it would be too heavy due to the pivot point being in a different place

Back