Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Anyone use a Purefreedom set up in or around Bristol???.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Wayne33

Hi Guys

Just wondering if there is anyone is the Bristol or surrounding areas thats running a Purefreedom set up as

i have to replace my pre-filters and resin etc because of 071 PPM and after asking on here and receiving

some great advice i keep being told about my pure to waste ratio which i have no idea about lol and the guy

i bought the system from just told me i had to connect the fill hose to the fill up port then turn the tap on a

couple of turns then set the pump to fill at 99. then connect the waste pipe to the waste port.

I did the above the other day to put some water into the tank but i wasnt getting any waste water running from

waste pipe?. I think my water pressure is fine as when i turned it more than a couple it blew away from the port on the van and i had to reconnect. I do have a booster pump but im sure its not needed.

Ive been through the advice section and couldn't find anything on setting up pure to waste for my system and the user manual that ive been sent from purefreedom doesn't mention how to set this up.

I dont really want to have to drive the van to Lincolnshire to get a demo if i can help it lol.

Ive attached a pic of my system, thanks in advance for any replies.

Regards

WayneView attachment 8781

When you are producing pure water you need 3 components. The first is the inlet water from the tap. The second is the pure being produced and the third is the waste water.

What you want to do is get some hose pipe from the pure outlet of your r/o and run it into a container outside the van. Most of us have 25l plastic containers, but anything that holds water will do. Then take your waste hose that goes to the drain and put that into another container next to the first one. Switch on your system and watch both containers filling up simultaneously. (You could also fill one container at a time and measure how much water each side (pure and waste) is producing in a minute.

A 1 to 1 waste to pure ratio means that both containers will be filling equally. A 2 to 1 waste to pure ratio means that your waste container will be filling twice as fast as your pure container. We usually start at 1 to 1 and then test the quality of the pure being produced by the r/o after it has run for a few minutes. Tinker with opening or fractionally closing the waste until you get your system producing the purest water.

You system needs to have a waste water amount whilst producing pure. The membrane filters out the salts from the water and they are washed away to the drain. It is essential to have some waste water. Please never close the waste tap completely.

I believe that PF do drill a small 1mm hole through the tap closure plate to prevent an operator completely stopping the waste flow and damaging the membrane. But you still need to have it open a bit more. That's my experience as I also have drilled a 1mm hole through the closure plate.

I hope that makes sense.

You need to have waste water from your system. To open the waste gate valve (tap) turn the red handle anticlockwise. Its the tap at the bottom of the r/o closest to the van's floor.

Last edited by a moderator:
When you are producing pure water you need 3 components. The first is the inlet water from the tap. The second is the pure being produced and the third is the waste water.
What you want to do is get some hose pipe from the pure outlet of your r/o and run it into a container outside the van. Most of us have 25l plastic containers, but anything that holds water will do. Then take your waste hose that goes to the drain and put that into another container next to the first one. Switch on your system and watch both containers filling up simultaneously. (You could also fill one container at a time and measure how much water each side (pure and waste) is producing in a minute.

A 1 to 1 waste to pure ratio means that both containers will be filling equally. A 2 to 1 waste to pure ratio means that your waste container will be filling twice as fast as your pure container. We usually start at 1 to 1 and then test the quality of the pure being produced by the r/o after it has run for a few minutes. Tinker with opening or fractionally closing the waste until you get your system producing the purest water.

You system needs to have a waste water amount whilst producing pure. The membrane filters out the salts from the water and they are washed away to the drain. It is essential to have some waste water. Please never close the waste tap completely.

I believe that PF do drill a small 1mm hole through the tap closure plate to prevent an operator completely stopping the waste flow and damaging the membrane. But you still need to have it open a bit more. That's my experience as I also have drilled a 1mm hole through the closure plate.

I hope that makes sense.

You need to have waste water from your system. To open the waste gate valve (tap) turn the red handle anticlockwise. Its the tap at the bottom of the r/o closest to the van's floor.

Hi Spruce

Sorry for the delayed response. id just like to thank you for taking the time to write all this down for me.

Ive flushed the membrane for 30 minutes, changed the filters and flushed them for 15 minutes and changed

the resin. I seem to be getting roughly 1.5 ltrs of waste to 1 ltr of pure just like you said.

My waste water is 369 PPM and my pure is 003 PPM so hopefully i can go back to practising cleaning windows

and hopefully there will be no spots left.

Thanks again

Regards

Wayne

Back