Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Lost a Custie to VISON!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

at end of the dy if a customer chooses to go with someone else its there decision

if like me u do a great job are on time chat to them when u see them and be polite u shudnt lose customers

if u do its not ur fault its there fault

It would take me 15 mins at least to do that job on the video but I am more thorough I'm not criticising as he may have forgot but the middle top window wasn't rinsed, I work only with back packs as I have tried all, Trolley, van mount and b/pack and find back pack quicker given all the pros and cons, currently I am emptying 25 litre containers into 2 backpacks but going to get a tank fitted with a bilge pump to fill backpacks that will reduce the need to lift and empty heavy containers. I have a technique that works well, I have the backpack set on full flow but use a pole tap I brush the frames and glass on a low or medium flow then rinse on full it's the rinsing that's 75% of the job.
I noticed he didn't rinse the glass over the conny too. Maybe he will say he rinsed on the glass for that one?

I noticed he didn't rinse the glass over the conny too. Maybe he will say he rinsed on the glass for that one?
Yep was on about the one over the conny, my lady is the best window cleaner in the world and noticed it first. The problem with this video as well is it's "ideal world" work, no cars in the way or snagging no clutter in the garden or cr*p and no houses to go through or gulleys, some of my work takes 10 minutes to access. Also earning ten pound for that doesn't mean he's earning £60 an hour, he may have to drive to the next job and set up or any manner of things that mean your not continually window cleaning it's not as simple as that.

theres plant pots an that to get snagged on etc

also we all have houses in rows i myself have one street all 10 pound ones 13 houses i get done in 2 half hours

then theres other ones i do and its one here one there jobs

all this about making xx per hour is upto who u are were ur jobs are and how tight they are togther

also i think he done a perfect jobbie on the back windows

wouldnt be as fast if

it were first clean

if the pigeons were playing target practice out back

etc etc

Back to your thread , I personally think your have been undercut . Whether you use vision or not .....but changing just for the shine mmmmmmmmm

Vision is good for rinsing .....I used it for three months .. Had issues with the storage of it ... The inducer way looks a very good way of using it , I would have no storage issues then . Mmmmmm

Good video Johnathan, im much more thorough than that, i scrub the frames properly then rinse them, then do the glass, you seem to only go over the frames briefly and do not rinse them as such, the glass you rinse really quick, i tend to rinse slower letting the water fall in front of the brush head, you seem to have rinsed to the bottom and the water is still sheeting as you move the brush away, maybe its the higher flow rate or im too thorough, i will have to have a play on my own windows.

As for the original point of this thread, i was not undercut they quoted the same price, they had just managed to convince the custie they are shinier with the additive and the customer seemed to agree, anyway i got my own back yesterday by ringing them for a free clean, there coming next monday lol. After theyve been ill ring them and tell them there was a problem with the additives they use giving a dull finish.

Js video is spot on bud . About the shine , my experience ,the windows shine aswell without vision ...its in your head like I said vision is great for rinsing like js is doing on his video

I also think the shine thing is in people’s minds as all glass shines in the right light. As mentioned before you can look close at what appears to be very shinny glass but it can be filthy too. :rolleyes:

@adamangler its not about being thorough as when u do the same house for couple years every 4 weeks that is how quick it is as there isnt dirt on the frames

just needs a quick wipe and unless there is real bird muck etc u rinse fast with knowing it will be perfect clean

u shud try it on a house u have done about 6 times when the windows are maintained well and on time they wont be as bad his method is same as mine spot on

Back to your thread , I personally think your have been undercut . Whether you use vision or not .....but changing just for the shine mmmmmmmmm

Vision is good for rinsing .....I used it for three months .. Had issues with the storage of it ... The inducer way looks a very good way of using it , I would have no storage issues then . Mmmmmm
Storage issues?

Yep was on about the one over the conny, my lady is the best window cleaner in the world and noticed it first. The problem with this video as well is it's "ideal world" work, no cars in the way or snagging no clutter in the garden or cr*p and no houses to go through or gulleys, some of my work takes 10 minutes to access. Also earning ten pound for that doesn't mean he's earning £60 an hour, he may have to drive to the next job and set up or any manner of things that mean your not continually window cleaning it's not as simple as that.

@Poles Apart @Tuffers

The window directly above the Conny is a bathroom frosted window.

For all frosted glass I only rinse on the glass. Anything else is a waste of time and water. /emoticons/smile.png

@adamangler its not about being thorough as when u do the same house for couple years every 4 weeks that is how quick it is as there isnt dirt on the frames
just needs a quick wipe and unless there is real bird muck etc u rinse fast with knowing it will be perfect clean

u shud try it on a house u have done about 6 times when the windows are maintained well and on time they wont be as bad his method is same as mine spot on

Spot on mate. It's all about learning your limits and what you do and don't need to do.

I could have easily spent 2 or 3 times as longer on this property but the results would be no better.

High flow rate on a maintenance clean means one pass with the brush on the frames is sufficient to take off the small layer of dust that Is on the frames.

How important would you consider Vision Jonathan?

I've been waiting for a good water fed pole video and that was the one.

How important would you consider Vision Jonathan?
I've been waiting for a good water fed pole video and that was the one.
I don't want to seem biased as I'm involved with jigsaw innovations and the sale of vision etc. But personally I was using it for well over a year before we even thought about selling it, and at that time I used it because i felt the benefits were fasting rinsing, better cleaning power on things like bird muck and snail trails, and a better shine.

going back to the video yeh it was quick, quick

but i have learned something , first thing I done this morning was up with the flow

jonathan is right so much quicker

remember he has had no complaints about his windows,

that is how I judge how good i,m doing .

customers will soon tell you if your below standard

Certainly would make a massive difference to earnings being able to do say a semi in 10-15 mins rather than 20-25 mins, i think its something worth experimenting with and like Jonathan says only do what need doing.

This is a video I recently did to show some how I worked.
This property is a 4 bedroom detached house (WITH CONSERVATORY)and takes me just over 10 minutes to clean. All frames,ledges and doors washed down.

I also know that I work to a high standard. I never get complaints and regularly check my work. All work is referrals etc, so I know I'm not splash and dash.

I also know that I'm by no means the fastest. Some on here would knock spots off me.

Point is that 10 minutes for a 4 bedroom detached is easily achievable and doesn't mean that quality is lacking.

[media]

nce tecneek jonny thats

how i clean and similer speed one thing i would have done different is ide clean the top rite then the top left then the middle then the conny then the windows below the top rite an left due the the water driping down ect . the thing is every type of glass is different some take longer some r faster to clean its all about the rubbers that hold the glass in my windows r a pain an need to b done with extreme care to get no runs but the new glass with a tiny rubber if u no wat i mean can b bashed out twice as fast

Spot on mate. It's all about learning your limits and what you do and don't need to do.
I could have easily spent 2 or 3 times as longer on this property but the results would be no better.

High flow rate on a maintenance clean means one pass with the brush on the frames is sufficient to take off the small layer of dust that Is on the frames.
Hey Jonathan - impressed by the vid :thumbsup: Just wondering how high you have the flow rate on for maintence cleans.....roughly? Cheers fella.

Latest Posts

Back