Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pire freedom electric reel problem

WCF

Help Support WCF:

marlowswindows

Hi all.

So when I'm reeling out the hose is reeling out fractionally more once I stop. This is causing my hose to get tangled when reeling up and then having to de tangle it on the next job.

Having spoken to pure freedom 6 months ago they said it was because the chain was stretched.

Has anybody else got this problem? Had a chain replaced? Manage to adjust?

They said before set the break setting on this foes help but don't have the muscles to ve forcing that out 30 times aday

Sent a few emails across for a price to drive to them and replace the chain there only 80 mile round trip but struggling to find time to go.

Hi all.

So when I'm reeling out the hose is reeling out fractionally more once I stop. This is causing my hose to get tangled when reeling up and then having to de tangle it on the next job.

Having spoken to pure freedom 6 months ago they said it was because the chain was stretched.

Has anybody else got this problem? Had a chain replaced? Manage to adjust?

They said before set the break setting on this foes help but don't have the muscles to ve forcing that out 30 times aday

Sent a few emails across for a price to drive to them and replace the chain there only 80 mile round trip but struggling to find time to go.
They all over run a bit mine do but you get used to slowing down pulling the hose off the reels as you get closer to ware you are working and it’s only a meter or so that lays under the van never found this to be an issue

The Reel master controller Break function (BRA) in the set up menu. When pulling hose out from a reel the motor going backward becomes a Generator rather than a consumer of amps. This can create a lot of resistance and make pulling a hose out difficult. The Break setting in affect disengages the motor to a degree so that the hose van be pulled off but have a little resistance to stop over spooling. The faster hose is pulled off the more momentum is generated and the hose will over run. I woudl agree the with the previous comments that slowing down toward the end will help.

Beware that as the chain stretches over time this will also create a free wheel affect and either having the chain changed Or re tensioned at PF would solve that too

Cheers

The Reel master controller Break function (BRA) in the set up menu. When pulling hose out from a reel the motor going backward becomes a Generator rather than a consumer of amps. This can create a lot of resistance and make pulling a hose out difficult. The Break setting in affect disengages the motor to a degree so that the hose van be pulled off but have a little resistance to stop over spooling. The faster hose is pulled off the more momentum is generated and the hose will over run. I woudl agree the with the previous comments that slowing down toward the end will help.

Beware that as the chain stretches over time this will also create a free wheel affect and either having the chain changed Or re tensioned at PF would solve that too

Cheers
@Ian Sheppard is the setup menu something users can get too?

I would like to speed up the soft start a little as when my hose joint (I run hoseless so have a reel hose to pole hose connector) gets close I release the button and then have to press it again as it's not quite there, then on and off again to get past the connector, then I have 10m of pole hose to reel in and the ramp up from soft start to set speed would be nice to be able to make a little faster?

@Ian Sheppard is the setup menu something users can get too?

I would like to speed up the soft start a little as when my hose joint (I run hoseless so have a reel hose to pole hose connector) gets close I release the button and then have to press it again as it's not quite there, then on and off again to get past the connector, then I have 10m of pole hose to reel in and the ramp up from soft start to set speed would be nice to be able to make a little faster?
Have you got the controller speed on 99 ? We have30 meters of pole hose on ours and find it’s ok easing off when we get to the joiner

Attachments

• IMG_0248.jpeg
    IMG_0248.jpeg
    100.7 KB · Views: 13
Have you got the controller speed on 99 ? We have30 meters of pole hose on ours and find it’s ok easing off when we get to the joiner
Yes set to 99 :) It's probably as my reel is close to the through floor rollers, so when the hose joint comes in unless I am very careful it pulls my hand into the reel horizontal roller as I'm using a cloth to clean as I reel in.
What joiner are you using? I'm using @Skxawng Tuff Connect which works very well, it's just trying to stop me smacking my hand on the reel so I release the button and then press it again to get a bit more in till the connector is passed my hand, so it's stop slow start a few times.
Do you find your connector pulls through the through floor rollers, I have the habit of coiling up the reel hose then grabbing the connector before I walk away from the van - so not a fast method at all. Maybe I should just grab the pole hose and walk away....

Yes set to 99 :) It's probably as my reel is close to the through floor rollers, so when the hose joint comes in unless I am very careful it pulls my hand into the reel horizontal roller as I'm using a cloth to clean as I reel in.
What joiner are you using? I'm using @Skxawng Tuff Connect which works very well, it's just trying to stop me smacking my hand on the reel so I release the button and then press it again to get a bit more in till the connector is passed my hand, so it's stop slow start a few times.
Do you find your connector pulls through the through floor rollers, I have the habit of coiling up the reel hose then grabbing the connector before I walk away from the van - so not a fast method at all. Maybe I should just grab the pole hose and walk away....
Mark the hose 5 .metres from the end

Yes I use his connection s as well they are very good , I know what you mean about catching your hands I still do that regularly ????.
yes they pull through them fine but I have the Grippatank wide gap rollers

Attachments

• IMG_2907.jpeg
    IMG_2907.jpeg
    74.2 KB · Views: 16
Yes I use his connection s as well they are very good , I know what you mean about catching your hands I still do that regularly ????.
yes they pull through them fine but I have the Grippatank wide gap rollers
Same roller. I thought it was just my hands taking a beating ? ?

Should have used the much cheaper PF rollers, no better but costs you less for the beating
Hi Ched.

In short no the soft start is not adjustable in the menu as this is hard coded into the controller. The motors at the point they start have quite a big current draw for a brief moment as the motor begins to turn, At that point the motor can generate a lot of Torque and was powerful enough to pull me of my feet a few years back when testing in that instant the motor starts. So to protect people and the motor the controller in that first couple of seconds the motor starts smooth out the current draw.

With the reel set at 99 the hose will wind quickly and the reel will have built up momentum and continue to turn for a moment when the wind button is released.
Marking the hose 5 meters or so from the end is a good idea as a visual warning and reduce the chance of hand hitting the roller.

With the speed at 99 the Snag protection may take a second or two to detect the end of the hose hitting the rollers. Some additional options here would be to reduce the speed setting slightly, There would be little difference between say 85 and 99, Also reducing the Calibration setting so that Snag is detected faster. Reducing the speed setting would give an extra couple of seconds to see the the hose is almost wound in.

Hi Ched.

In short no the soft start is not adjustable in the menu as this is hard coded into the controller. The motors at the point they start have quite a big current draw for a brief moment as the motor begins to turn, At that point the motor can generate a lot of Torque and was powerful enough to pull me of my feet a few years back when testing in that instant the motor starts. So to protect people and the motor the controller in that first couple of seconds the motor starts smooth out the current draw.

With the reel set at 99 the hose will wind quickly and the reel will have built up momentum and continue to turn for a moment when the wind button is released.
Marking the hose 5 meters or so from the end is a good idea as a visual warning and reduce the chance of hand hitting the roller.

With the speed at 99 the Snag protection may take a second or two to detect the end of the hose hitting the rollers. Some additional options here would be to reduce the speed setting slightly, There would be little difference between say 85 and 99, Also reducing the Calibration setting so that Snag is detected faster. Reducing the speed setting would give an extra couple of seconds to see the the hose is almost wound in.
Thanks very much for the info.
I will remark the hose.
I don't have anything to stop the hose end at the rollers, maybe that's an idea.
I didn't know there was a menu on the controller, let alone a calibration method, is there a manual that details how to enter the menu and what adjustments there are?
Thanks again for your help.

In short no the soft start is not adjustable in the menu as this is hard coded into the controller.
He might be able to crack it as he used to work on secret government projects building rockets just don't tell anyone ?
images

Latest Posts

Back