Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Change to wfp

WCF

Help Support WCF:

brad proctor

I clean the traditional way at the moment but want to go wfp.just worried how customers will be after having. Traditional for so long also is it hard to pick up and can you get the windows done quicker?

Bud if you give them 2 months notice of changing over , explain what , why how you are changing to ,there will under stand ... Keep to your high standard s you'll be fine

Last edited by a moderator:
yeh me use the opposite approach i been sneakily doing em wfp most seem quite happy with it but i dont really have the confidence when they are watching the other side of the glass...lucky for me a lot of em are out so they may never find out as long as a window is left clean.....i have done my job...

as for is it faster....well...it can be...but it does take a long time to get confident with it after trad....of course some jobs....i couldnt trad any more full stop....

and i must add.....for a long time tradder....its bloomin hard work hurts my muscles and i hope my lower back pain is just my back getting stronger...but hey...its fun and addictive...

^^^^^^ I've found it usually takes about 6 cleans with wfp to get the glass to a point it cleans faster ... First couple of cleans you go back and have a second look G-)

yeh its only safer until you fall down a step...end up in a pond(smurfy) poke your wife in the face, and watch out for them cars...and dont forget poles can bite....

it is a different skill set and you need to use peripheral vision.../emoticons/biggrin.png

When stick waggling tops it pays to look down when moving your feet as I found out /emoticons/biggrin.png

When stick waggling tops it pays to look down when moving your feet as I found out /emoticons/biggrin.png
If I go 20 seconds without looking down it seems dog sh*t seems to jump straight under my feet

If I go 20 seconds without looking down it seems dog sh*t seems to jump straight under my feet
When you know there's dogs it always pays to do a reccy before you start...it can save the day from someone/thing p!ssing you completely off for the day...lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just changed over, I don't think customers really give a **** as long as their windows are clean.

Have had a few ask about it as they had not seen it done like that before so were sceptical, explained to them how it works, but told them to wait until dry and call me if they aren't happy, not had anyone call me back or complain yet.

Think its all in the rinse to be honest.

If I clean a house and see that there is dog doodah all over just waiting for me I put the price up.

Takes longer to clean since you're having to watch where you're standing so IMHO they should pay more.

I work to an hourly rate.

take your tds meter out with you, they look amazed how you are smarter than them when explaining that it is not just tap water straight from the tap,

tell them to go and get a cup of water, show them the reading of their water, then show them the water you are cleaning there windows with, hence nothing to leave on glass when it dries.

i think people dont like the fact you are just brushing there windows , and leaving water and not wiping it away.

they seem to apreciate it when you explain the stages you have to go through to use pure water.

just do the tops this way, explain dangers from ladder falls, especially in the wind and ice and rain.

its ok while your young running up and down ladders, i should know over 20 years clinging onto ledges in winds, waiting for the gushing winds to slow down so you can get down your ladder.

ive been using the backpack for 2 years now, i think i would have sold up if i was still climbing ladders all day.

i still do some trad, but never any awkward ones.

If I clean a house and see that there is dog doodah all over just waiting for me I put the price up.
Takes longer to clean since you're having to watch where you're standing so IMHO they should pay more.

I work to an hourly rate.
Do you charge per turd...lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think I could justify my hourly rate somehow as it's a wee bit steep. :rolleyes:
We all understand you need alot more money , that beard alone must take 2 bottles of shampoo and that bad back needs all the radox you can get lol

I was having a go at trimming it one day and found a half eaten pork pie that I thought my wife pinched off me plate /emoticons/biggrin.png

Good thing about getting old is ppl want to help you for some strange reason. Saves me paying for a lad to hump the stuff about I suppose :laugh:

Back