Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Tell me it gets easier.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

north

Yesterday was my 1st day using my new trolley. Gotta be much easier than using ladders I'm thinking - wrong!! There isn't much hose between hose connection and the pole valve, feel like I'm tethered to the damn thing . Constantly kept tripping over my own hose, the last time falling against a wall, resulting in 3stitches above my eye. Returned to job 2hrs later to find trolley showing DE message. Couldn't find fault so ended up tradding the job. Found out when I got home it needed to be re-calibrated. GRRRRRR! Today, just got started and the water froze in the hose in between windows. Getting pe'ed off a bit now. Continued tradding anyway, when I looked down from ladder, custys dog was cocking it's leg up against my trolley. Tell me it gets easier-Aarrghhhh

Almost scared to go out tomorrow, it's meant to be -3. Think I'll have a late start after my daily 'Susannah Reid' fix.

Don't worry as wfp takes a bit of getting use to but you can't beat mother nature.

If the wfp hose is too short you can add a small hose reel or just add an extra length of pole hose using 8mm john guest push fit fittings to join the lengths of pole hose you want.

Lol, all just teething problems.

I started with a trolley, soon got bored with dragging the dam thing back to my car to swap the tanks over, got a little van with bigger tank and 100m reel, miles better.

The hose gets caught on a daily basis and is a constant chore, does anyone hate wheelie bins and bloody plant pots like I do?

Overall wfp is still 10 times better than ladders, i did 16 years on ladder and 3yrs ago switched and never looked back.

It was weird tho cos I felt I had to relearn the job I had been doin for so long as it was so different.

Its all part of the fun and we all especially like to hear of others suffering the pain...putting your trolley three inches of its allotted spot like I did yesterday was really annoying ...and of course ..pulling the bloomin thing over....

of course I love dragging it all into the hall to keep warm at night but....you gotta do what you gotta do...View attachment 3662

but....all I can say is MY pole hose gets more sex than I do...

to make matters worse...it went flat over the custys hosepipe which is always left lying around so how did it get under it and through it...

er..it wasnt as bad as that...

I ran back ****** of and decided that my full pole and brush would just go under the yellow custys hose pipe and it would be free...it didnt work as you can see..in the end I had to diconnect the hose and start again..

Its all an evolutionary process too...as I always used to disconnect the hose when I put it in the car but the car after the xmas break did not smell nice...

so now I never disconnect and just fling the lot in.:D

and today ...franks back...this post I read yesterday had a :turd: day where the dog peed up his trolley...I caught it today thanks....

it started out great but rapidly went bad...

no one in money left key left cuppa slightly cold tea left and biccys ...this is great for me....so wfp two outsides and go inside help myself to another cuppa..all going good ...only cleaned a month ago so not dirty...shot through the house okay til....

frank decided to give the dressing table mirror a good blading..he likes doing mirrors and there was bits of all sorts on it....so he carefully dragged all the bits and peices a lady has on there backwards and went to put his big scrim along the bottom to catch the drips and just as he did that...he caught the end of a tall hairspray which promptly fell over the edge onto the floor and then frank heard a hissing sound...:eek:

looking down the big hairspray was punctured and spewing out its contents so frank grabbed it and threw it out of the bathroom window...

now his day wasnt looking so good....the custy in question is ever so good and wouldnt bat an eye lid but he couldnt leave her with no hairspray...a quick look in the cupboards did not reveal the replacement that frank wanted as he would have just replaced the naff one to leave the custy thinking oh I must have used my spare one but there was only a small spare one...

Frank couldnt leave it like that but tesco was right through a well known traffic hotspot rood hill,,,,aldi was only around the corner..

of course frank found aldi dont sell that particular hair spray and there was no hair dressers he thought there was..but then he spied b and m bargains...he found a smaller one in there but not exactly the same type....but bought and walked back to his car and then decided seeing as the other can was 400mls he must give 400mls back.

and so he trucked back across the car park and into the chemist where he found another 200mls can this time the correct one and so armed with his two cans he walked back and dumped them on the garden table as he had given up the key...

that was of course only one incidence in a series of things that went wrong...I could write a novel but its best just to say...I hope it was only for today...

tomorrow....yawn..yawn....my 6am work has turned up....oh back to work ... a long day awaits...I hope frank buggers off.../emoticons/biggrin.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Not being funny but why did you not just leave an note explaining what happened instead of farting about like that? :rolleyes:

yep I did leave her a note inside as I took my bottle of wine...and put two kisses on it as she had given me two but....if you break something its only right no matter how it :turd: up your day and schedule to do your best to put it right...I had posted the key back through the door opposite...

I just changed my route and did something else...I do tend to float around as you know I never know where I will end up:rolleyes:

just thinking wheres my wine and so I asked the wife as she has just come in and yep ...shes nabbed it...I gave her the three wrapped up biscuits to eat as it was too early for me and she said she went right of them after eating the first as the second had a bite out of it....ooops not me....

I actually planned to leave her another note under the hairspray to explain so I went to the car and wrote it out and that was the last I saw of it...when I got to the house it had gone ...somewhere.

..I am going even stranger....yesterday I put my freshly ground coffee straight on top of the tea bag I had just put in for the wife...

and of course to walk ten yards with a thought in my head it has long gone by the time I arrive...

nearly had a flood yesterday again....the daughter was stressing me and I forgot my water....lucky for me it was on my flush that I do first..

I had wfped the side window which is not opaque but thought in the full low sun it looked dirty and so I went up to trad it....later I had to go in for something and noticed a nice grey streak on it so I had made it worse..as I walked out of the front door to do it before I remembered I had put my ladders on and locked em on as well..so they had to come off again..

my microfibre was leaving sparkly dust trails in the bar steward sun...on the next house I found I had left blade marks...not a good day...stiil tomorrows another day.../emoticons/biggrin.png

Well,today went ok apart from the sleet showers. Can't believe how slow I am at this wfp game.its strange having to re-learn my own job ,so to speak.anyway it's one huge learning curve. Sorry to hear about your band day cnc.it just goes to show even the most experienced of us have nightmares on the job.

things get better north-honestly,just learn from your mistakes,helps a lot to keep notes at the beginning ie how much water that paticular house needs,(if it takes two butts the wheel the trolly out and take an extra butt with you-saves time)changing from trad to wfp is a right pain but gets better and better the more visits you do mate-you'll have good and bad days like us all-you'll get there

Thanks kevin250. I was trying to make a mental note of how much much water I needed for different houses,but jotting it down is a better idea as my head is all over at the moment.

it will be north as its a stressfull time atm,as many notes as you can alongside the property,will make it easier for the next time,connect a longer hose to the trolley asap so you can work away from it and note where you place the trolly so you only move it once

Latest Posts

Back