Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

pole fed system

WCF

Help Support WCF:

bill johnston

hello this is the first time ive been on the site basically the reason is this.. i am a dinosaur cleaner still on the traditional window cleaning method ladder and applicators squeege and tho it has been hard hard work at times i have loved every minute/well allmost every minute of my job ive been at it 20 years and just got stuck in my way but now 2 little office blocks i have i am going to lose for the same old reason as allways .. health and safety so i need a water pole fed system to keep these offices can anyone advise me on what size of pole system i would use and does it have to be purified water .. can i walk round with it as you can see i am a complete dinosaur and that is how it is any help or advice is really appreciated

Welcome Bill :thumbsup:. Yes you will need purified water, do you know your tap water TDS? If you live in a soft water area you could get away with a DI vessel only, you will need to buy resin at about £75 for 25L. Have you got a van or car? How high are the windows? You could buy a backpack to start with and a few 25L barrels to carry extra water.

You need to work out the building height as to what size pole you need.

If they are small offices and you don't do a lot of large work and intend to change the rest of your work over to wfp then you may get away with a trolley or backpack.

If you going to go full wfp then a van mount will be more beneficial to you.

You can install a d.i.y system for probably around £500 or if like me and you hate d.i.y pay a company to do it for you this will cost more.

If it is only for the odd job you may be able to buy pure water near by to you saving the outlay of a full ro.

You need to work out the building height as to what size pole you need.
If they are small offices and you don't do a lot of large work and intend to change the rest of your work over to wfp then you may get away with a trolley or backpack.

If you going to go full wfp then a van mount will be more beneficial to you.

You can install a d.i.y system for probably around £500 or if like me and you hate d.i.y pay a company to do it for you this will cost more.

If it is only for the odd job you may be able to buy pure water near by to you saving the outlay of a full ro.

thanks for your help and advice.. i predict i would do about 3/4 hours work a week with it the windows are approx 6mtrs up do you know the companies that sell these and will my water need purified i live in hard water area

Welcome Bill.

If you just want to WFP those offices and keep to trad with everything else then go for the cheapest / easiest option which is a backpack.

Again, if it's just the offices, then get a DI vessel & make the pure water at home transporting it in barrels in your car. You then pour the water into the backpack and clean away.

Gardiner Pure Water Backpack V3 - 22 litre - The Gardiner Backpack - Portable Systems Gardiner Pole Systems

Easier said than done on the basis that your new to WFP but it's really straightforward mate.

The easiest option is if you can find someone willing to supply you with barrels of pure water. Then all you will need is a backpack and brush. Take a look at the Gardiners website (others are available). You can get all you need for less than £300.

People always suggest start with a trolley or a backpack, all well and good when you are starting out in window cleaning and dont have a customer base or experience but tou aee a 20 year veteran.

Many say 'oh i'm only gonna use it on this job and that job' but once you see how easy and quick it is you will start to convert all tour customers and never have to climb that ladder again.

My personal recommendation would be a van mounted system as you work solo probably around 350 liter. If these offices are your highest work at around 6 meters you can get an 18ft pole that wi give you a working reach of 22 ft. (7 an a bit meters)

If you want a knowledgable supplier that will put you on the right path talk to The Cleaning Warehouse. @adam davies on here works for them and will be happy to talk tou through the options.

First things first though you need to know your tap water quality and need a gadget called a T.D.S ( total disolvable solids) meter. From avout £5 from ebay china to £15 from UK suplliers. Once you have that answer we can move forward and iffer you accurate advice.

Welcome to the forum by the way :addict:

hello bill,hopefully i'll know your tap tds by the end of the day for you.

personally i would go for the full monty as in van mount etc as it can open up a whole new world of oppotunities

i think if you went wwfp you'd be useing it all the time as opposed to once in a while as you'll be a lot quicker and yours days will be shorter

its possible if you like i could hook you up with someone who lives local to you so you could have a look at the kit etc and have a chat so at least you'll be in a better position to make the best decision for you and your work

hello again bill, depending on which side of town you are the tap tds varies from 175 to 250 ppm.

i know this means jack to you but i can arrange for a windie near you to pop round and show you the ropes and hopefully guide you into this water pole malarky.

its costing me a few favours so please respect this and take what you can to your full advantage mate

hello bill,hopefully i'll know your tap tds by the end of the day for you.personally i would go for the full monty as in van mount etc as it can open up a whole new world of oppotunities

i think if you went wwfp you'd be useing it all the time as opposed to once in a while as you'll be a lot quicker and yours days will be shorter

its possible if you like i could hook you up with someone who lives local to you so you could have a look at the kit etc and have a chat so at least you'll be in a better position to make the best decision for you and your work
ty yes that would be great

hello again bill, depending on which side of town you are the tap tds varies from 175 to 250 ppm.i know this means jack to you but i can arrange for a windie near you to pop round and show you the ropes and hopefully guide you into this water pole malarky.

its costing me a few favours so please respect this and take what you can to your full advantage mate
thanks i would like to do that ty for everything

Back