Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Late round

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Hello guys and girls I'm extremely paranoid lately as I'm so busy with add ons and I work solo I'm wondering would customers leave or get annoyed if your a week or two later than usual ?? Any thoughts

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app
Im usually a week late anyway as i dont like splitting my runs up if it runs into a weekend although if busy I'd work up to the weekend. Try and do your add ons aswell as the windows in the same day so your then making more than usual if you get me. Generally the customers don't mind apart from the ones who write it on a calendar and will say your late but usually don't mind

Last edited by a moderator:
I've only ever had 2 customers gruff for being late in 20 years.

I'd say most don't really give a damn if I come late. Personally, I see it as they think they're saving themselves dosh in the long run. If you're usually regular, then they're pretty clean and not minging anyway, so if you even skipped a month, then apologised on the next clean, I'm sure most peoples thinking will be that they saved themselves £20 or whatever the price is.

That's my thinking anyway.

Your add ons are no longer add ons. Your substituting your window time for the short term higher paying jobs.  The ol 'grab the cash whilst there' mentality. 

If your getting loads of add ons then perhaps make the glass mon - thurs and save fri fir add ons (or rainy days) 

I am moving out of the maintenance 'window round' over thr next month or two and moving in a different direction as the regular round thing is doing me nut at the mo but if I was to contunue it I would fit in the add ons evening and weekend to keep thr round smooth. 

all of my customers know i will get to them as soon as i can so never mind if im late, what with weather ,van/equipment problems , kids, appointments etc  id be insane if i tried to keep to the day as some do , too much stress to even try , add ons i fit in when i can 

the windows are always the priority with me, I tends to do add ones one a quiet week if weekend, most won't mind a week or 2, any more then that then some may be a bit funny. Best bet is to try and contact them and let them know your a bit behind due to anything but add ons, keeps them happy. If you day about add ons a few may be wary of that s you may not turn up if something better comes along.

Having the same problem at the minute. No customers won't generally mind if your a week or so late but what happens to me is I do the add on work then push the windows down a bit, another add on will come up round gets pushed back. Then it rains, round gets delayed a bit. Then when you have a quiet week and you look at your round and its all over the place! Mines a mess because of this, I have houses in the same village spread all over the month I've got jobs due on the same day at opposites of the city.

Trying to sort mine out at the moment.  Once it's back in order I'm going to put the windows on Mon to Thursday and only book add on work either the Friday or for about 3pm on the other days.

But the mentality has to be windows take priority, if they are not up to date it should be the add on work that gets sacrificed. But yes it's really hard not to grab the cash whilst it's being wafted under your nose. It all boils down to organisation and self discipline. If you have 20 jobs Mon - wed then you better stay out until they are all done not think ah I'll catch up Thursday. I'm guilty of this.

One other thing have started doing is make Mondays the biggest day of the week so if I have it done by say 2pm then start Tuesdays work and keep going till the weeks windows are done. If you get done early then you are ready for that add on job cropping uo and if it doesn't great have a day off.

Back