Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Slowly changing over

Clisty1989

I'm looking at starting the switch to wfp in the next few weeks by buying a backpack system and using it on awkward upstairs windows, then slowly moving on to all upstairs, moneys tight and cant afford a van so usong my estate car and was wondering a couple of things...

1. How much water would I need to carry a day. Will be using 25l jerrycans so how any do you think I'll need.

2. What's the most cost effective way to make pure and what size system would I need

3. Would this be an adequate backpack for the job

Big Boy Backpack & RENEGADE Deal

Any advice would be well received.

First you will need to know how hard/soft your tap water is to determine which type of filtration method/system you will require. This can be measured using a TDS meter, there may be a wfp operator local to you that you could ask?

Before I got a van system I used four barrels plus full backpack plus occasional ladders - should get you through a day if you squeegee downstairs

The bigboy is a good backpack

I can clean 2 whole average 3 beds with a 25l drum so once up to speed you should be able to do tops on a few houses with 1

I carry 5-6 of them in my car which lasts a long time if i trad some bottoms

First you will need to know how hard/soft your tap water is to determine which type of filtration method/system you will require. This can be measured using a TDS meter, there may be a wfp operator local to you that you could ask?
I live in a soft water area, I know most people round here us RO with a DI polisher if that helps

If it is soft water find out the tds and if it's low enough you can get away with just di

I live in a soft water area, I know most people round here us RO with a DI polisher if that helps
I don't think that's accurate enough - you need a tap reading from your tap at home - get a TDS meter

If it is soft water find out the tds and if it's low enough you can get away with just di
Yes well worth looking into

I used RO for years - then realised I don't need to bother as my water is only 100 ppm - DI only is much easier

From what i remember someone saying tds is around 50-70 ppm round there

If that's the case I'm jealous and di only would be fine

One of my mate lives 10 doors up from me and he's a windie for a national company ill ask him, what sort of output rate will I need? Don't fancy running it all day so what would u recommend

What size would I need and how long would a bag of resin last? Sorry about all the questions but I wanna make sure I get the right gear first time

Depends on your TDS

I would advise you search previous threads and get all info you need

Can't go wrong with big boy and resin you will always use it

From what i remember someone saying tds is around 50-70 ppm round thereIf that's the case I'm jealous and di only would be fine
Just found out its 50ppm round here, how long do you think a bag of resin will last me if using around 100l a day?

I should get 6 years from a bag at 750L a week, might need a few R.O filter as well!

D.I only i would get between 5-9 weeks a sack

My tap TDS has varied between 098 and 213 this last year! up and down all the time

Latest Posts

Back