Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Another ppm thread!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Dave85

Hi I have a tap tds off 411 and use a collinswater 300 gpd ro unit and I'm currently having to change my resin on a weekly basis as ppm keeps creeping up to 0.09 ish.i have changed membranes and filters a couple of months ago and flush the ro out every couple of weeks I will have to change resin again at the weeked but can guarantee it will only last a few days.any ideas as to how to resolve this as we all know resin isn't cheap.thanks

Hi I have a tap tds off 411 and use a collinswater 300 gpd ro unit and I'm currently having to change my resin on a weekly basis as ppm keeps creeping up to 0.09 ish.i have changed membranes and filters a couple of months ago and flush the ro out every couple of weeks I will have to change resin again at the weeked but can guarantee it will only last a few days.any ideas as to how to resolve this as we all know resin isn't cheap.thanks
Just out of interest, as have just change my R/O after a year of what I feel was little use, do you use a booster pump? if not what pressure are you passing in to the R/O

Have just checked ppm after RO but before resin. Will probably find RO not working properly, that could be lack of pressure etc.
what was your ppm after R/O and are you using booster? cheers

No booster pump and not sure of exact pressure from my tap however it isn't great as it takes a whopping 18 hours to fill my 350 litre tank. although the water company has been relaying pipes local to Me and this morning I came out to a flooded van!! as my tap pressure increased overnight.just been to check tds reading with my new unexpected tap pressure and it's 0.08.

changed everything tonight R/O x2 100s and filters and all.

Getting 20 from R/O and pre filters not resin, only use tap pressure at 65 best 60 average.

Think its time for rain water harvesting and R/O as back up for me.

The houses get higher and window cleaning gets more expensive lol.

court a couple of small buckets off rain over the last two weeks and they came in between two and three ppm, if only you could catch it on a large scale /emoticons/biggrin.png

Strange I can leave mine on without a booster threw the day whilst I'm out takes about 8hrs to fill 1000l half that with my booster on ...

I've not changed my 4040 in 6 yrs just other 2 and resin once per year

How big is your Di vessel I used a 10" vessel when I started and it didn't last no time that's with tds 007 after RO I now use a 11.7 litre vessel and change approx every three months now. Also the first couple of minutes when you turn your RO your tds will be much higher because of TDS creep I now have a couple of valves that bypass the Di vessel for when I first turn my RO for a couple of minutes then turn them back to run through the DI vessel. Try googling TDS creep, forum member Spruce first made me aware of TDS creep.

How big is your Di vessel I used a 10" vessel when I started and it didn't last no time that's with tds 007 after RO I now use a 11.7 litre vessel and change approx every three months now. Also the first couple of minutes when you turn your RO your tds will be much higher because of TDS creep I now have a couple of valves that bypass the Di vessel for when I first turn my RO for a couple of minutes then turn them back to run through the DI vessel. Try googling TDS creep, forum member Spruce first made me aware of TDS creep.

Yea I was a bit gutted my resin only lasted three months, i to addressed the issue of tds creep..

How much more life I will get from the resin I don't know

Yea I was a bit gutted my resin only lasted three months, i to addressed the issue of tds creep..

How much more life I will get from the resin I don't know

Easy to avoid tds creep

Y splitter with 1 hose going to di and one to drain with a tap on each

Open the drain one until tds drops to as low as it will then close and open the other one to di

Back