Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Di Help Needed!

EIHLBetting

Hi forum,

Been trad for 6yrs then went wfp 5 month ago. Got all my kit from pure freedom. Spot on and so far so good! However, last week ppm went to 16 so stopped using it and ordered more resin..... Them realised ice never changed it before as I bought it full!

So, emptied it all out. Cleaned it and refilled. Started filling but was coming out at 13ppm! Oh cr@p I thought. So opened it up and checked and it had sunk down to about half way. Realised I'd not shuck it down, so topped it up, and now purifying at 000ppm! Sweet!

But, does this mean it was only getting to 13ppm as it want full? Can you just top resin up when the ppm starts going up?

Do you always need to empty, clean, refill to 85/90% of vessel?

buy another resin vessel so you can swap them other when one is used up to make the full use of that resin,it doesnt have to be oooppm all the time,

consider also using rain water to cut down on the resin costs as well

Not sure I'm understanding that. So buy another vessel... Switch used resin into new vessel then fill original vessel? And top up secondary vessel?

Iv only had to change my resin twice in nearly a year. But will always put a bit of water in so the resin does sink.

What is your ppm before your put through di? My water is only 042 before di.

If you use the first di until it reaches 010, you can buy a second di, use the first to drop you tap water to 10, then run through the new di to give you 000, this will give your resin in 2nd di a longer life.. When ever the water after the second di get to 010, change the first di resin, and then put it second in line, ( use the second as first )

Always completeley change resin. Have 2 di vessels full with resin pump water through them both when the water ppm strats to creep up your first di vessel resin will be done so refill it then swap the vessels round and your good to go its a continual process of swapping them every time the ppm creeps up, do it this way your resin will last much longer

col

if its better to use 2 vessels does that its also better to use 3? or 4 or 5 vessels etc? surely the logic is same and in theory a really high number of vessells is the best option? does the tank still fill at same rate using more than 1 vessell? plus what is it that makes the resin no good anymore? is it just being damp longer or dirtier water making it worse? as im struggling to understand why 2 vessells is better than 1?

Hi forum,
Been trad for 6yrs then went wfp 5 month ago. Got all my kit from pure freedom. Spot on and so far so good! However, last week ppm went to 16 so stopped using it and ordered more resin..... Them realised ice never changed it before as I bought it full!

So, emptied it all out. Cleaned it and refilled. Started filling but was coming out at 13ppm! Oh cr@p I thought. So opened it up and checked and it had sunk down to about half way. Realised I'd not shuck it down, so topped it up, and now purifying at 000ppm! Sweet!

But, does this mean it was only getting to 13ppm as it want full? Can you just top resin up when the ppm starts going up?

Do you always need to empty, clean, refill to 85/90% of vessel?
The di vessel needs to be 85/90% full. The water needs as much time as possible to 'react' with the resin in the vessel. So the water shouldn't pass through it too quickly - the slower the better.

The slower. The better /emoticons/smile.png

Ill remember that 1 i alwsys put it on full blast /emoticons/mellow.png lol

as im struggling to understand why 2 vessells is better than 1?
The main reason is to make your resin go further. Most throw their resin out when the ppm starts going up (001-010) BUT when you use two di vessels you throw your resin out when its totally spent (not bringing the ppm down at all).

Hope that makes sense.

can you do this with the reverse osmosis system? having 2 resin filters? does that mean 3 would be better than 2 etc? and also i have a booster pump to produce more water, if i had 2 booster pumps on same system would that give me evan more water than just 1 booster pump?

can you do this with the reverse osmosis system? having 2 resin filters? does that mean 3 would be better than 2 etc? and also i have a booster pump to produce more water, if i had 2 booster pumps on same system would that give me evan more water than just 1 booster pump?
There's not often much point as the reverse osmosis brings the ppm down low enough. There is point however in keeping the old resin and using it for other things (rain water etc as some have mentioned).

I can't think how 3 di vessels would be better but I would have to do tests to be sure.

As for booster pumps I'm not totally sure as I only use twin di but I should think it depends on what reverse osmosis system you have. If you have one with multiple membranes then I would say yes but you'd have to put the boosters at different points in the system (maybe one at the start before the pre filters one in the middle, maybe before the second membrane).

Latest Posts

Back