Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Is It Just Me...

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Smurf

...that from time to time like today gets phone calls from ppl who don't speak very good English?

One chap I could hardly make out what he was saying wanted me to give a price over the phone to clear some guttering. Anyhow transpires he was a builder so I ask him why could he not clear the guttering himself and then I politely ended the call.

Blow me about 30mins later he phones up again asking if I did dry cleaning. After clarifying he meant drive cleaning so recognising his voice I said did you not just phone early. He said yes so I said sorry no thanks I’m not interested as am fully booked up for the next 3 months..

Unfortunately a lot of local trades have been caught out doing work for our Asian builder friends so be warned chaps

I had a call from a traveller who was doing PVC cleaning on a few properties very close to my home.. Anyways it was hard to understand him, I didn't know wether I was calling for windows or PVC but anyway, the customer was very pleased paying the gypsy £300 for a PVC clean.. He had recommended the customer get a wfp guy to help keep his pvc frames in tip top condition, and he googled and i was closest.. I went and quoted double the last window cleaners price and got it!

2 days later my phone goes again, the gypsy had another job for me!! Just 2 doors down! I called and got the house in between too, tho they never got a PVC clean off him!

£15 £15 & £20, still need to call to the rest of the development as I already clean on the main road

On that one I just went with my gut feeling as you do so stayed well clear.

I always like to give our Asian friends the benefit of the doubt as you can’t tarnish every one with the same brush. However let’s just say they do like to barter and some like to mess you about regarding payment.

To put it politely I have done work for some that turned out great customers & others turned out to be a bloody nightmare & more hassle than the job was worth.

As far as sub contract work thanks but no thanks :Image3:

how much did he catch you for smurf :Image3:

Back