Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Dark side tomorrow

If wfp is the "Dark side " i must be Darth Vader /emoticons/biggrin.png

when you scrubbed the frames and glass , do a Quick rinse, go on to the next , return and this time avoid the few inches before the top-frame on the glass when you rinse/Quick scrub(glass only) . It could Also just be a bad seal at the frame .

The vents can be a pain I had dripping on my vents just do what David says, all bottoms vent and frames I wipe with sill clothe that seem to sort it, there is one house I do top window drips down the wall onto a lip and above the bottom window and drips chronic on to the grass noticed this on first clean its small house so I will do that top window first, rest of the house then back to the bottom window last, new to it all so experiencing and learning as I go along, thanks to forum as answered all my questions so far.

Good luck

What I'm worried about is the recommended flow rate, was told 20 - 40 litres a minute.....250 litres isn't going to last long at that flow rate so how do you make 250 litres last all day.

The trolley with 2 containers on is a piece of p to wheel about.

Most of my work is very compact so changing barrels straight from the van will not be a problem time to go soon and find out what I have let myself in for.

What I'm worried about is the recommended flow rate, was told 20 - 40 litres a minute.....250 litres isn't going to last long at that flow rate so how do you make 250 litres last all day.The trolley with 2 containers on is a piece of p to wheel about.

Most of my work is very compact so changing barrels straight from the van will not be a problem time to go soon and find out what I have let myself in for.
I have a 25L backpack mounted to a trolley that does about 2-3 houses depending on the size. I use traditional downstairs still to save water and a ladder to get up on to flat roofs where the pole cannot reach and I go through about 125L of water a day doing 10 - 15 or so houses with a mixture of all the above, so 250L should be plenty for you. Have to admit though it took me some getting used to before I was confident in leaving the Windows without checking them but after a few months I think the results are better than trad at times, and the frames look awesome.

Good luck, it's worth the money!

Well used it on 5 this morning and although a tad slow it did the job......50 litres lasted about 90 minutes all told so might turn it up to quicken the rinse.....took me that long to do 2 houses I normally do in around 50 mins trad.

Well used it on 5 this morning and although a tad slow it did the job......50 litres lasted about 90 minutes all told so might turn it up to quicken the rinse.....took me that long to do 2 houses I normally do in around 50 mins trad.
Not too bad then. Just be careful when upping the flow as the splashing leaves the Windows spotty. I try and use as low as poss to get an even run off without any spread or splash (about 1/8th up on my flow dial).

Back