Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Rich people aint so bad afterall.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

TolishAPurd

I take back (almost) everything I have ever said about people in big houses. True story of what happened today...

Bullet points.

Get call from a nice guy asking for a regular cleaner.

Check out his house on google.

See nice big house and new Porsche on the drive.

...think; "oh ****, this is going to be ****, hes going to haggle, he'll be awkward, and he'll be tight, etc.

Get to house for the first clean today.

Turns out he has two new Porsches!

Turns out hes an absolute legend.

I expressed concerns about climbing on his roof, and to show me its fine, he scooted up my ladder and climbed on it himself! (seriously, the guys in his 50s!- I was pi$$ing myself:laugh:)

Wife was lovely too, and made me a cup of tea and a KitKat.

I had quoted £46 for the first clean, and £23 thereafter.

He refuses to pay £46 and instead trys to put £60 in my hand.

I refused it (not sure why, lol) but he gave me £50

He refused the £23 a month also and said hes going to pay £30 instead.

If Carlsberg made customers...

now that s a great story ta tolish...yeh me too on one today...saw his range rover on the drive so was being very careful, his wifes just great but he can be, to me a bit scary... but when i got around the corner notice he had gone to work in his porsche today....so settled down....only he did come back....

he wanted to go to golf but he drove round in his ride on mower to cut the grass and it wouldnt work....oops ...i heard" just paid £400 for a service"......and he has a huge lawn...i carried on cleaning away and he pops back with a normal mower...but he was getting pis s ed off as he had to keep emptying it ....and then i heard oh **** ing bastar.d and i kinda cleaned as fast as i could away from him, that mower was playing up ...doesnt matter what money you have we all have sh....it days...

lets turn this into some tuffers good night story....the funny thing was i started cleaning on his original house years ago....and then he sold it and at the same time another custy also sold theirs and i was a bit peeved as it was a very big house on a posh road...but i stuck my card in as you do....and he had only bought the other custys house...its a small world...

it may be wfp time for me anyway....a sign from above...as she said i may not hear from her for a while as they are having an orangery built...and that will no doubt be a glass roof and she is ocd about dirt so ....pure water here i come...:)night night tuffers..

@TolishAPurd, I had a clean like that years back. First clean I go round the corner and the lady of the house is entertaining her friends in the garden (one of them a wife of a rock band), anyway, she makes me tea and biscuits and I'm having the craic with them and then carry on cleaning. As time went on, it went from complaining about slight smears on the leaded lights to p1ssing off out and leaving me stranded behind the electric gates.

Be warned TAP, don't let your guard down /emoticons/wink.png

I find the are two types that are what I call wealthy people. Working class that have done well for themselves & snobs.

Needless to say what I call snobs most can be a real pain in the **** so I'm still going to add 25% arsehole charge to their quotes even if they seem ok. /emoticons/biggrin.png

I bet the owner locked you in on purpose just for the craic. Well I bet thats what you were thinking at the time until you worked out that there was a sensor on the drive that opens the gate when you drive over it:rofl:

I'm talking from experience here as its happened to me too. I'm suprized they didn't put up the cctv footage on youtube as I had a bit of a basil faulty moment /emoticons/biggrin.png

@TolishAPurd, I had a clean like that years back. First clean I go round the corner and the lady of the house is entertaining her friends in the garden (one of them a wife of a rock band), anyway, she makes me tea and biscuits and I'm having the craic with them and then carry on cleaning. As time went on, it went from complaining about slight smears on the leaded lights to p1ssing off out and leaving me stranded behind the electric gates.
Be warned TAP, don't let your guard down /emoticons/wink.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Back