Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gardiner pump

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Hi everyone
I just received this pump...

http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/Aquatec_Delivery_12v_Pump.html

Can someone explain why the positive cable is connected to a black block at the bottom on the pump?

Do I just disconnect the cable and wire them up to my controller?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You will have two bare-end wire terminals on the pump that need wiring up (nothing needs dis-connecting). The wire that comes from the black block (pressure switch) is the positive and the other cable is the negative.

Thanks for the reply Alex. I have attached a photo of the pump.

On my shurflo pump I disconnected the pressure switch and connect both wires to the controller. Are you saying I don't do this with this one?

Do I connect the lose negative to the pressure switch or does that one go straight to the controller. And do I run a positive from the other terminal on the switch to the controller also?

Sorry for sounding like an idiot

rejyhamu.jpg

Thanks for the reply Alex. I have attached a photo of the pump.
On my shurflo pump I disconnected the pressure switch and connect both wires to the controller. Are you saying I don't do this with this one?

Do I connect the lose negative to the pressure switch or does that one go straight to the controller. And do I run a positive from the other terminal on the switch to the controller also?

Sorry for sounding like an idiot

rejyhamu.jpg

There is no need with these pumps to bypass the pressure switch when using a controller as most controllers will simply use the pressure switch as backup if needed.

I will check in the morning and take a photo showing exactly how the wires are supplied and used.

There is no need with these pumps to bypass the pressure switch when using a controller as most controllers will simply use the pressure switch as backup if needed.
I will check in the morning and take a photo showing exactly how the wires are supplied and used.
I'd really appreciate it Gav Thanks

I have now checked and taken a photo to help explain.

There are two wires from the base of the pump (red and black). The pump comes supplied with the black wire bare for connection to the neutral. The red wire from the base of the pump comes fitted to the spade terminal on the pressure switch nearest the pump's body. Then there is another red wire that is attached via a spade connection to the top spade terminal of the pressure switch - it is this red wire which has a bare end that would usually be connected to the positive of the power supply.

If you wanted to cut-out the pressure switch you would remove and discard the red wire on the top terminal of the pressure switch. You would then disconnect the other red wire from the bottom connection on the pressure switch and connect this directly to the positive of the battery. I would not recommend doing this however.

View attachment 2540

I have now checked and taken a photo to help explain.
There are two wires from the base of the pump (red and black). The pump comes supplied with the black wire bare for connection to the neutral. The red wire from the base of the pump comes fitted to the spade terminal on the pressure switch nearest the pump's body. Then there is another red wire that is attached via a spade connection to the top spade terminal of the pressure switch - it is this red wire which has a bare end that would usually be connected to the positive of the power supply.

If you wanted to cut-out the pressure switch you would remove and discard the red wire on the top terminal of the pressure switch. You would then disconnect the other red wire from the bottom connection on the pressure switch and connect this directly to the positive of the battery. I would not recommend doing this however.

View attachment 4328
Gav that is fantastic help thank you so much!

FYI I didn't receive

a second positive cable which is why I got confused.

I am on fitting it now and will let you no how I get on

Cheers dude!

Gav that is fantastic help thank you so much!
FYI I didn't receive

a second positive cable which is why I got confused.

I am on fitting it now and will let you no how I get on

Cheers dude!

Glad you got this sorted although the guy replying to you is not me. It is the very helpful Alex Gardiner from whom you got your pump. :rolleyes::thumbsup:

Back