Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Roof clean

Williams Jet Wash

Williams jet wash Services
View attachment 8703 currently cleaning a roof just de mossed going to apply Benz biocide wash now told the owners it's like algo clear but **** etc etc how much an I applying to a standard roof ? I've been doing about a litre a roof seems to go a long way? And also next door want a quote later first question she asked about her roof clean after I gave her bio wash speal... "Sounds great but how long will my roof remain moss free" I told her a year? Any advice on how long ?View attachment 8704

View attachment 12366 View attachment 12365 currently cleaning a roof just de mossed going to apply Benz biocide wash now told the owners it's like algo clear but **** etc etc how much an I applying to a standard roof ? I've been doing about a litre a roof seems to go a long way? And also next door want a quote later first question she asked about her roof clean after I gave her bio wash speal... "Sounds great but how long will my roof remain moss free" I told her a year? Any advice on how long ?
Be careful not to strip the top gritty layer off the tile .. You'll make it an ice rink for the next unlucky person to go up there on a damp day.. In all honesty just a scrape with a hoe does the trick and wash it off with hose pipe.. Wouldn't worry about eating your dinner off it.. Results last a good few months unless surrounded by trees and such.. Best of luck

Be careful not to strip the top gritty layer off the tile .. You'll make it an ice rink for the next unlucky person to go up there on a damp day.. In all honesty just a scrape with a hoe does the trick and wash it off with hose pipe.. Wouldn't worry about eating your dinner off it.. Results last a good few months unless surrounded by trees and such.. Best of luck
If you just spray with a hose the moss will be back by newyear, I have de mossed the roof and I have just applied the Benz biocide wash I understand the bio wash will take time to revive the roof but what I'm asking is customer wants to know if they spend xxxx amount of money will it be worth it and how long approx will roof be clean ??

I ve done quite a few of these now either by hand and pressure washing as i m a roofer. Not used a biocide as of yet. But the ones i ve done usually last a good few years tbh. Dependant on surrounding areas. Unlike the patios they tend to stay clearer for longer imo.

Back