Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

making my round more compact

K

kahoona

I have decided this year to focus on getting my work more compact, not by cutting but by expansion. I have highlighted a number of roads where I have only a couple or 3 jobs & will be focusing on getting more work in these roads, using by canvassing myself and secondly by leafleting those houses with no one in.

I had a couple spare hours so went out today. Chose a road where i have x 2 jobs for £27.

managed to secure the following all wanting regular cleans:

£5 front only

£6 front only

£13

£14

£15

£15

£45

total for this road now 9 jobs for £140.

also did 3 quotes that i failed to close, but one of which already come back to go ahead & is included above. hope the front only's will convert to fulls in time.

going to spend another 1 hour so on Monday going down one of my other road see if can pick up some more. Will update this thread then

That's what I've been doing. Much rather pick more up where I already operate than start a new area. Helps daily earnings to no end.

Business.

Good on you mate. Although not as successful, I have still had good results from leaflet dropping in the houses around the house I just did- say 5 in each direction, each house you do.

find it helps to remind yourself to do this. i use a whiteboard

each thing to do,the target,is written on it, tick off only once completed

I'm considering doing a referral type promotion in those roads where I have 2 or 3 regulars.

A flyer something along the lines of recommend a neibourgh for a regualar window cleaning service & you both receive 50% off your next clean. Valid until 28 Feb.

The valid date should give them a sense of urgency and also allow me to control the amount of exposure to discounts I have at one time.

I'm considering doing a referral type promotion in those roads where I have 2 or 3 regulars.
A flyer something along the lines of recommend a neibourgh for a regualar window cleaning service & you both receive 50% off your next clean. Valid until 28 Feb.

The valid date should give them a sense of urgency and also allow me to control the amount of exposure to discounts I have at one time.
My old boss did this in a different manner, he had ad system where each customer got 150kr (15£)into their cleaning account for every new regular customer they got. Ofcourse they first got it after a perioed of three clean at the new customer, so that it was not to be used in a bad way. This worked great and got him many new neighbors onboard, he also had a sperate flyer that we threw in a thr neighbours mailbox telling something like hi we clean your neighbour join today bla bla. This also got him many new customers, and compacted each area.

Back