Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

**** weather

WCF

Help Support WCF:

So last two days have been poor and tomorrow looks terrible too, which is leaving me frustrated (and skint, not recovered from paying Her Majesty yet).

What do you guys do when there's weeks like this? I usually do gutter jobs but the one I wanted to do tomorrow can't have it done until the weekend (though in typical fashion it's predicted to be dry on Saturday).

I tried cleaning windows in the rain today, something I've never done because I felt it was bad practice, and the windows cleaned ok but I got soaked in half hour and it's not fun.

Do you lot still go out in the pouring rain or have you got alternative indoor stuff you can do? Wouldn't mind getting more shops and stuff but the competition for commercial round here is fierce!

im in same boat m8 blady nite mare ill clean in heavy drizzel lite rain but thats pushing iot for me gutter cleaning ill work in any thing tho im guna get some water proofs this year for shore im lucky as got shop fronts so allways get something in each week its just a case of doing what u can work weekends ect try and catch up a bit

Can be a pain but I'm always in front money wise so I don't worry about that side of it.. that's the trick to business ..when it's too wet I'll stay in and do my books and paper work I will clean if not too heavy the windows are fine when using wfp .. I ain't standing out in heavy rain no more just end up ill

Been a totally shite start to the year all round really. Week before last was raining everyday. Last week was dry but bloody freezing. This week rain all week and same forcast tomorrow.

I will clean in light rain and i clean in moderate rain when I think no one is in or they won't mind. Heavy rain or wind is when quality suffers and you get complaints.

The only thing you can do is suck it up and just do what you can. If you get a clear spell crack on and do as much as you can. Try not to worry about it do what you can and get up tomorrow and go again. Sooner or later it will get better.

There not many days when it's really heavy all day long you can usually get something done if you try.

On days where it's just impossible then why worry, do some web design or a businessential plan, or just play on xbox all day in your pants.

Pretty much work any WEATHER not had one complaint yet in 7 years of WFP.

@daveyboy was out with me once and it was too windy and too wet in the area we was in. Did we go home? Nope, moved to a more covered area and cracked on. I have seen Dave work in torrential rain with me and he just gets on with it like me.

It's all in your head!!!!!!

Pretty much work any WEATHER not had one complaint yet in 7 years of WFP.
@daveyboy was out with me once and it was too windy and too wet in the area we was in. Did we go home? Nope, moved to a more covered area and cracked on. I have seen Dave work in torrential rain with me and he just gets on with it like me.

It's all in your head!!!!!!
Or cleaning solar panels off a ladder with wfp in a hurricane:rofl::whistle:

I daren't talk if you remember! Strong mix of UBIK dave? Yeah be fine mate he aint got fish, whats that there. Thats a fish pond lol

@Adams0211 has seen me working in horrendous weather

Promised customer i would get it done after breaking a pole clamp the day before and letting her down

It was heavy ish when i started but a monsoon soon after

Neil stopped while passing just to have a laugh at me

Customer was extremely grateful rather than moaning i was doing it in those conditions

I've just spent 13 years going home when it pours down so customers seem to be a little disgruntled when I mention coming and the forecast is wet for the next day.

Made a rod for my own back I guess.

I'll see how tomorrow goes /emoticons/wink.png

I've just spent 13 years going home when it pours down so customers seem to be a little disgruntled when I mention coming and the forecast is wet for the next day.
Made a rod for my own back I guess.

I'll see how tomorrow goes /emoticons/wink.png
I've always worked in wet weather, (not when it's absolutely lashing down).more so when I'm behind schedule and up against it, I sometimes get a mention from a newbie customer that it's raining "what's the point?"

But the point is I've got to earn a living and with a full diary I can't always pull it back.

Ultimately they get used to and become conditioned to it and they accept and many empathise and it never gets mentioned.

So go for it.

I've always worked in wet weather, (not when it's absolutely lashing down).more so when I'm behind schedule and up against it, I sometimes get a mention from a newbie customer that it's raining "what's the point?"But the point is I've got to earn a living and with a full diary I can't always pull it back.

Ultimately they get used to and become conditioned to it and they accept and many empathise and it never gets mentioned.

So go for it.
I guess I'm of the belief now that using pure water means that when the rain stops the windows will dry like they would on a dry weather day anyway.

Going back to customers now their windows still look clean after two months of rain and so on.

Just need to get my head around it and what my limitations are when it comes to volume of water coming down!

Cheers all.

I just stay at home if it rains on a domestic day. I'm not that poor that I have to get soaked to earn a few quid. Do em tomorrow. Or next week. They prob won't even notice that you're late.

It's not about needing to work even though wet and miserable

To me it is just another day it just happens to be raining

The rain doesn't actually bother me

I'm not made of paper mache and won't go all soggy so why not work

Latest Posts

Back