Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Does Anybody Squeegee Downstairs Windows After Cleaning With Wfp

WCF

Help Support WCF:

crystalview

just curious if anybody else does this or is it just me ??

the main reason i do this is to ensure any drips from the brickwork above the window dont leave dirty marks , and i personally think it leaves a better finish for the customer instead of looking out the window and seeing depressing rain like view through the glass ??? if that makes any sense lol !!

never had a complaint yet or a lost custy for the past 12 months and they praise me for doing this as they say the last windy never would do that and they didnt like it .

345 customers in 12 months and counting , picking up average 8/9 a week,, must be doin sumthing right

100% WFP. We have a couple of south facing upvc windows on the round that always seem to leave spots. They are all windows that have 2 top openers with a large pane underneath.

We usually dry the transom bar and bottom of the openers with a dry towel and then blade the bottom window.

But we only do this on a couple of problem windows, not on the whole house or every house - total waste of time and effort.

yeah sometimes i think im wasting my time but the customers seem to prefer this method so i think i shall carry it on as it takes seconds to do and keeps the custys smiling

also i clean the whole house wfp then only squeegee the downstairs windows afterwards as i dont like the thought of leaving any spots at all on south facing or drips from brickwork above windows but thats just my personal choice .. just was wondering if anybody else does this or am i just die hard traditional lol..

how have you picked up that many custys in a short time mate whats your methods?well done by the way;)
i drop approx 400 leaflets a week , have a first page ranking website and get the lads that work for me to constantly ask neighbours and people in the street were cleaning if they have a windy cleaner also i try to do 3/4 days a week door knocking ..... best tip for good contracts is to ring office and commercial cleaning companies as they use subby window cleaners ...i picked up ripon & catterick army bases this way £790 per clean both takes approx 4 hrs each

yeah sometimes i think im wasting my time but the customers seem to prefer this method so i think i shall carry it on as it takes seconds to do and keeps the custys smiling

also i clean the whole house wfp then only squeegee the downstairs windows afterwards as i dont like the thought of leaving any spots at all on south facing or drips from brickwork above windows but thats just my personal choice .. just was wondering if anybody else does this or am i just die hard traditional lol..
i use this method on my first cleans only the back to 100% wfp

I think you are unduly worried about drips from above unless its windy. Customers get wet windows that take time to dry when it rains - surely once extra a month isn't an issue. I think you are making a rod for your own back blading these windows.

My son cleans the front door first and then the windows - he 'refuses' to dry the front door down. Customers that he now does that I once did haven't yet complained about doors being left wet. Sometimes we make an issue when there actually isn't one.

We find that if we start doing the tops all the way round and then start at the bottom and follow the same procedure we don't have a problem. We also turn the brush over and do a quick pass under the cills.

In time you will be able to do the tops at the back and then follow along and do the bottoms. Any drips from the top cills won't leave marks on the bottom if they are clean and rinsed properly.

Most brickwork absorbs water so there are only a few old terraced houses in our area that have a 'problem' with water running down the brickwork onto the windows below.

Its all about time and confidence. Try some easy to get windows in the front of the house. Do the tops and then immediately follow along doing the bottoms. Then go do another house or two. Then go back and check the first house. If its not right then do the bottoms again, but you will soon find out what you can and can't do.

Yes, it may take a little longer to start with, but will reap dividends later. WFP is all about pushing your boundaries a little at a time - as we, especially me, tend to overclean most of the time.

Won't it be great if the energy and time saved not blading the bottom windows left you time to do an extra clean that day.

What pressure do you have the pump at? I Work between 15 and 20 and hardly see any drips at all after I've rinsed and of course always do the bottom windows on each side last, a side at a time.

i drop approx 400 leaflets a week , have a first page ranking website and get the lads that work for me to constantly ask neighbours and people in the street were cleaning if they have a windy cleaner also i try to do 3/4 days a week door knocking ..... best tip for good contracts is to ring office and commercial cleaning companies as they use subby window cleaners ...i picked up ripon & catterick army bases this way £790 per clean both takes approx 4 hrs each
nice mate very nice could you do me a favor and email me your style of flyer as ive just had 5k new cards done but think they are **** as i havnt gained 1 house yet of these ones ive made i had simple flyers before and they did ok if you cant mate no sweat cheers.

nice mate very nice could you do me a favor and email me your style of flyer as ive just had 5k new cards done but think they are **** as i havnt gained 1 house yet of these ones ive made i had simple flyers before and they did ok if you cant mate no sweat cheers.
theres a image of my flyer in my gallery buddy

show us them /emoticons/tongue.png

should have a compo for best website/flyer ect i can only imagine what would be uploaded :rolleyes:
what a class idea ! so we need sign written van comp and best flyer / card design /emoticons/smile.png

thanks

Yeah I always squeegee off the downstairs for a perfect finish. There's a couple of flats I don't any more cos they're pristene & almost dry by the time I'm done. The Missus tells me off for wasting time & reducing my hourly earning rate, but I like to leave a good impression, so I still do it. I'll have to stop when I get the big commercial jobs though!

Yeah I always squeegee off the downstairs for a perfect finish. There's a couple of flats I don't any more cos they're pristene & almost dry by the time I'm done. The Missus tells me off for wasting time & reducing my hourly earning rate, but I like to leave a good impression, so I still do it. I'll have to stop when I get the big commercial jobs though!
stop now /emoticons/wink.png your misses is right /emoticons/tongue.png

lolo

Back