Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

price increase £1 or £2??

WCF

Help Support WCF:

not sure not- but got me thinking if i upped my prices by anything the customers would lose their mind! i had a text message from EE yesterday saying as per terms of contract my phone bill is going up by 2.5% i was annoyed for about 5 seconds then you think what can you do you accept so wrong

I've not been doing it long enough yet to need to review my prices for a rise across the board but what I have done is for bad payers or those houses that are a pain in the butt for one reason or another is jumped them up a lot. I mean by 4 or 5 quid. My thinking was if they cancel great i will fill them with better but if they don't it won't be such a pain as overpriced. Amazingly almost all were happy only a couple cancelled.

I always go 10% so if the customer is under £10 then 50p increase, if £10- £19 then £1, £20- £29 then £2 and so on
I wouldn't bother with the 50p's as it won't make much difference..just start with £1's

I wouldn't bother with the 50p's as it won't make much difference..just start with £1's
You would be surprised, last price increase on the 50p's alone my round went up by 79.50. I have a lot of front only bungalows for £4. Seem insignificant but a whole row of them earn a lot of money

I just haven't bothered using 50p's since about 15 years ago..much easier for me to just deal with whole £'s

Plus apart from a handfull of jobs i have a minimum £10 to turn up and do a job

Most of my work is priced in stages..i tend to only quote in increments

10, 12, 15, 20, 25 etc and don't bother with the prices in between so a house worth just over 15 is gonna be quoted 20

Go for £2 just give them a letter explaining that your profits have gone down and your account has advised you to put prices up to make up the short fall I have recently started to do mine and I have lost one out of 100 so far started at the ones that were Way under priced where they should be gradually getting they all up were they should be try little teat area u will be serprised at the response

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I just haven't bothered using 50p's since about 15 years ago..much easier for me to just deal with whole £'sPlus apart from a handfull of jobs i have a minimum £10 to turn up and do a job

Most of my work is priced in stages..i tend to only quote in increments

10, 12, 15, 20, 25 etc and don't bother with the prices in between so a house worth just over 15 is gonna be quoted 20
funny cos i had a old lady ask me to clean here flat ground flore easy job any way i said £5 as its so small she said o i used to pay £4.75o_O lmfao i said yea but i clean all the fraims so she said ok ill have you :rolleyes: cant beleve some still work in 25p increase :rofl:

Depends on your work area go with your gut instinct , I am up north and will put up prices £1 without batting a eyelid but a few will be £2 again I don't over think it but some of my prices haven't been increased for 4 years .

I've had a bit of a sweep across most of my round, picking out bad payers and some old jobs that hadn't gone up in years.

Some where put up by £1 some £2, depending on the size of the place. None have cancelled. I didn't labour on the point, just wrote '+£1 from next clean, thanks'.

Just go with your gut feel for each job - only you know how quickly you're making your money, and which houses are losing you time vs the ones who pay well enough already.

All (well most that I decided I needed to increase) of my houses went up £1 last time I did it, but now some that are £25+ are going up £1.50 or £2. But I only do mine once every two to three years to try and balance the jump. At the end of the day a £1 increase on a £10 house is still 10%, which is higher than RPI or inflation, so you have to just decide the balance of those you wish to increase even more.

I lost a £40 house last week that I increased £2 for first time since I got it in 2010. She said she already thought that she'd been paying too much. Even had a conservatory built mid way through the six years and I didn't increase it then either. Just elegantly text back saying sorry she felt that way but everything else has gone up in that time and that she really isn't over paying. She still cancelled. Can't win with some people - she's got a sodding Lamborghini but doesn't want to pay £12 a year more for window cleaning. Just the way it goes, but stick to your guns. Even if you lose one or two, the increase across the board covers it and some for less work /emoticons/smile.png

I have changed my prices so exiting customers min regardless of property size £12, new customers £15. I said it before but some people are living in the past wanting their windows cleaned for next to nothing, move on the demand is there, thousands of house springing up everywhere, I done a first clean this morning in a nice area to be fair, 2 bed apartment with more than usual number of windows £25 then £15 a month, can do it in 20 mins.

Happy Days

Back