Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Bills Bills Bills

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Knoxy

Left the house this morning at 8am for an early start, driving to the first house and the bloody exhaust snapped, took it to the garage and they couldn't do it until this afternoon. Cost me £183 I wouldn't mind but it's due an mot in 2 weeks, insurance and tax, so I can kiss goodbye to a grand /emoticons/sad.png

I was talking to me misses about this this morning, its not like i'm trying to be a millionaire just pay the bills and they're crazy.

had my mot this week and its passed /emoticons/biggrin.png exhaust is also blowing bad when its cold but when its warm it goes away. when i hit 50mph tho i get a loud whining sound. if repairs cost more than 200 ill scrap the car coz i only paid 350 for it over a year ago.

had my mot this week and its passed /emoticons/biggrin.png exhaust is also blowing bad when its cold but when its warm it goes away. when i hit 50mph tho i get a loud whining sound. if repairs cost more than 200 ill scrap the car coz i only paid 350 for it over a year ago.
is it a turbo? if so the hole on the exhaust will mess with the turbo and cause it to whine, once exhaust is patched it should be fine.

is it a turbo? if so the hole on the exhaust will mess with the turbo and cause it to whine, once exhaust is patched it should be fine.
nope just a impreza sport 2L awd. i think its a bearing or something going. im lucky, i dont have mega bills like most people. i dont do credit, or shud i say credit wont do me :lol:

ouch and thats just what you pay?
You must have a massive house lol or 17 kids lol

not really, 4 bed over looking a quarry in cornwall, just got little stupid bills,
That much in Cornwall gets you a lot lol. my mum lives overlooking bodmin moors, wonderful views... Windy mind

is it a turbo? if so the hole on the exhaust will mess with the turbo and cause it to whine, once exhaust is patched it should be fine. nope just a impreza sport 2L awd. i think its a bearing or something going. im lucky, i dont have mega bills like most people. i dont do credit, or shud i say credit wont do me :lol:
Is that not a turbo lol???

yeh non turbo and still costs the same to run as a poxy turbo lol. i get 85 miles from 20 quids worth of fuel. great being window cleaner lol :lol: WHY I WANT A VAN!

yeh non turbo and still costs the same to run as a poxy turbo lol. i get 85 miles from 20 quids worth of fuel. great being window cleaner lol :lol: WHY I WANT A VAN!
that's not that bad is it? Would be better with a van like

well its catch 22 situation i think in the end, i pay 134 for petrol but get **** mpg. if i had diesel id be paying 145 and get another 10-15mpg better. so id still be outta pocket in theory. with the car i got the power there and i got 4 wheel drive for muddy country roads etc and snow. which is why i got it for originally. i was going for a jeep but insurance was sky high and mpg was only 19

If u want good mpg ur best with like an Astra van or summat the older ones (52 reg ish ) were really good on fuel n I think the newer ones r even better and the tax is nearly free

ideally i want a van with side loading doors. people up my way seem to park bumper to bumper and my last van i had issues getting the doors open on the back. plus i will have a small 250L tank in the van aswell for doing commercial work which i do plan on going for this summer. i get offered loads of commercial work and i sat down and added up all the work ive turned down and i could of easily earnt the same im getting now just from domestics. thing that put my off doing commercial is i had b and q and homebase lined up ready to do and i got to the job to find they gave it to polish ppl because they offered a cheaper price.

Can't compete with the polskis, if u quote for enough your always gonna get some. Could maybe get a combo then they will probly have same engines. U wanna avoid transit size vans if u can do without one as they are **** on juice

Back