Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

anyone else had this?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Dave B

Staff member
Had a quote today for some guy who saw me doing a neighbours.. £20 ..he said "I'll pay you now fit me whenever is good for you"..gives me a score and says see ya later

Also had a woman today who is never in and pays online

She was in today and it was persisting down with rain

She says no worries just crack on..when i finished she gives me 20 quid instead of 15 and says "you should charge more youndo a good job"

She has now changed my monthly price to £20 for me

Result

no but i did a house today first time for a tenner as i said i would as last windy had done it for that

then gave myself a fiver pay rise because it was too cheap and custy agreed :thumbsup:

I don't get it wrong often but will always say something rather than be out of pocket

On the flip side i am an honest person and have been known to do it in reverse if i have over quoted and been a lot easier than i thought

had a commercial i quote when first started, he thought it was cheap. It really wasnt, but he said work by the hour instead with a minimum of your quote. Serves me well know with my liquidator i finish in a hour compared to the 1 1/2 hour before and make a decent rate /emoticons/biggrin.png

Had the opposite today Davey, I eventually got started at 2:30 and the sun came out. I did one of 8 small cottages that are bunched together. One of them is 4 quid a little old dear, anyway she keeps saying you're bonkers. I ask her what she means by that. She says you're cleaning in the rain. I point to the sun and ask her what's that! You're still bonkers she says and proceeds to give me all the change she had in her purse. A total of £3.60 /emoticons/biggrin.png Yep I'm bonkers :rofl:

Had a customer who tried to pay me in Turkish lira today using the excuse she needs to get rid of it as its money left over from her holiday

done first clean the other day had to take hose through house to get back done

as the guy gave me gingerbread and tea, just thought to myself now this canny be bad

then he started!! wanted some inside work done,and awkward window outside you had to climb wall to get to it which was a twxt

Now i had priced the job £20 which was ok gd number, now i decided not to charge extra for the additional work ( silly silly arxe }

came to get paid he said "no i,m not just giving you £20 you can have £25 ( thinking to myself better than poke in eye) he was standing there £30 in his hand looking for £5 change , well I had no change as I told him

he quickly put the £10 back into his pocket " I,LL give you something next time.....greedy ****

kicked my sell all day for being a " doylum"

Some ppl are just a bit to tight, you cant give and then take back. But on the other hand i dont mind doing a door inside or a shed of two glases outside for free, as long as it not every time and i am not behind time wise.

I always have £5 in coins 5 note and a tenner in my car if possible

The amount of times people mess you about with "no change"

I don't get it wrong often but will always say something rather than be out of pocketOn the flip side i am an honest person and have been known to do it in reverse if i have over quoted and been a lot easier than i thought
In my early days when I would under estimate gutters or conservatories I would have them ask, 'is that enough?' and I would always stand by the price I quoted out of principal.

I always have £5 in coins 5 note and a tenner in my car if possibleThe amount of times people mess you about with "no change"
I have a 1980s pound coin holder that holds 17 pound coins, that and my card reader, the only reason a customer has for not paying me is they cant afford to!

Had a fella the other day say to stop cleaning windows as he was fed up of paying when it was his wife that had booked me I wouldn't mind it was only £4 every 5 weeks but see the missus there the other day and she gave me a £20 note and then proceeded to tell me it was her money he was paying with and that it could be time for a new model as he's a sponging **** lol

Back