Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Help Needed Please

WCF

Help Support WCF:

David@Aqua

Hi Everyone

I have started using a wcw backpack and was loving it until today, When i went to collect money from work i have done today and yesterday 80% i have had to arranged to go back and re clean due to streaks and spotting on glass,

I am racking my head thinking why so many windows,

there is a couple of factors that i think why this has happened but not experienced enough to know

1 these houses i have just taken over and i have done once traditional and before that glass only for 7 years by someone else

2 the sun beating down on glass

I have give them a good rinse but it still happened, I feel gutted two days work down the drain and it has been sunny. please if anyone can help and not laugh i would be grateful.Thanks

Ps could it be the power of the water coming out of the jets, It is on the lowest setting

A You need to use more water when its sunny!

B If you have only cleaned them ONCE with wfp expect a few problems unless you clean clean clean clean and rinse rinse rinse.

C Have you checked your TDS of water?

D has the sunlight got to your water at all?

E Any contamination at all?

F How many litres are you using per house? Dont say 10L need to know roughly bedroom amount then amount of litres.

Tell us about your setup.

Brush?

Pencils?

Fan Jets?

Rinse on the glass?

Rinse off the glass?

If I were you i`d do a few houses at a time wfp keep the rest trad until you know they are fine, then 2 more then 2 more etc etc until you have them all wfp, this way you will be able to keep track of windows that are good and problem windows (usually oxidised plastic and alloy)

wow loads to go at Cheers my tds is 000, I have been using 20 litres for a 3 bed semi, my set up is the back pack deal from wcw a 22 ft pole not sure make a hi flo brush is it! not sure about the jets

What do you mean about the sunlight got at the water? do you mean left in the container in direct sunlight?

wow loads to go at Cheers my tds is 000, I have been using 20 litres for a 3 bed semi, my set up is the back pack deal from wcw a 22 ft pole not sure make a hi flo brush is it! not sure about the jets

What do you mean about the sunlight got at the water? do you mean left in the container in direct sunlight?
Sounds all good so far.

If you store water at home, is the sun getting to it. It doesnt matter, as you say the tds is zero.

I would say its technique then, after 3 years of WFP i use around 16-18L for a 3.4bed semi

Sounds like they have been cleaned too quick and not rinsed enough,

Ideally you should be checking back on your work.

Its nothing to worry about, all be here at this stage.....

Cold water hot windows is a problem,

Air vents maybe causing problems.

Dripping water from window above causes problems.

Rushing causes problems.

Do you do all the upstairs windows then the bottom, or up down as you move around the house?

Too much flow causes splash back spotting when rinsing.

How much experience do you have with wfp?

I dont have any experience with water fed pole only what i have seen on you tube read on here and the 4 weeks i have had it i have been traditional for years, I do upstairs all the way round then bottoms starting at the same side i started tops, when i first got it i did my own windows and didnt rinse enough and i have vents so i have been conscious about rinsing.

i had this exact same problem last week when collecting tds was 0 as checked it but quite a few streaky windows after they bin cleaned

@ David aqua. How about you have a go at your own windows if they aren't clean and try different techniques on different windows. See which one works best. Ask a neighbour if you can practice on theirs (for free) you might even get the job! Spotting happens on some of my jobs every single time. One job in particular is leaded, but some windows are PVC and some are wooden framed. The wooden always weep from the lead for some reason. Some of my jobs never spot and I know they won't even before I start to clean them. The reason? The brush glides over the glass with ease. I find the easier the brush glides the easier/better clean.

Latest Posts

Back