Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pure water barrel

WCF

Help Support WCF:

ECS Windows

Currently working from a trolley system (my car is a glorified go-kart) and need a large tank to refill the 25l barrels from. Found little information on how much garden rainwater barrels leach after sterilisation. Has anyone got any info on this?

Cheers,

Jon

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

If it's water butts you mean then they are fine

I have 2 x 240l ones linked

I found at first the tds crept up a little but they had been sitting around in a garden for a couple of years empty

I drained them down and properly cleaned them with some bleach and rinsed well..then sloshed a 25l drum of pure round in each for a final rinse

Makes no difference to tds now

Haha sorry, was multi tasking whilst looking through gardening sites, yea that's exactly what I meant

Not sure what you mean , Are you on about a garden water butt to be used as a static tank at home ????
Cheers, daveyboy. That's a killer saving between a £30 water butt and a £200 odd pure tank!

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Mine are connected with proper plumbing plastic connectors with a short piece of copper pipe about an inch from the top so when one is full the it starts filling the next my main reason though was that it blends in by the shed and doesn't look out of place half hidden by shrubs

I have two also connected together was a cheap option plus mine are inside a big plastic Keter cabinet, only downside is I can't use my auto shut off valve.

Also I have two submersible pumps one in each water butt I prefer this as I always have a back up it one packs up.

I have a 1100gph bilge pump attatched to 2m of 25mm hose

Run it off an old 12v 9ah battery that rarely needs charging and fill a 25l drum in about 20 seconds

Small and light enough to pull out of 1 butt and plonk in the other when it gets too low

Back