Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

bad day, dog poo, complaining custy

slipknot

hey guys so my day started off pretty good i got a new customer which was great only because she had not seen her windy for 4 month and i asked her what method her old windy of 10 years used and she said "oh his used ladders but close to the end he had some pole system but i wasn't very happy with the pole system"

so i had to explain how good WFP cleaning is and its benefits and that her old windy he was a good window cleaner but the WFP system is safer for single window cleaners than using ladders on green flooring

anyway after that i ended up stepping in dog poo and i went up the ladder without realising it and it went all on the bottom of my pants, in 8 years that has never happand :mad:

You think that's bad. I was sitting in van writing out invoice for custy. Battery light came on. Within seconds van was full of smoke and smoke was coming from bonnet. Myself. Turned off van got out thought about calling fire service but smoke cleared. Looked under hot bonnet couldn't see anything. Van is now dead. Garage coming to collect from custy house today to have a look. Only had van since oct. still that's the risk buying second hand I guess.

Glad it's not just me! Flat tyre Monday, drove home at snail pace. Get set to change over to my spare - disappeared! Bloody thing has rusted and fallen off somewhere (new shape combo/doblo owners beware!). Wheels off to take to garage with the view to pick up the following day as they don't have the XL tyres in stock. Long story short - they fitted car tyres by 'mistake' so it's got to go back. Yesterday, trod in a camouflaged dog poo hiding in a custies gravel - cleaned up, no big deal. Ten minutes later, tread in it again!!!! This time my hose was covered too!!! Glad I've got the next 11 days off - time to pimp the van out properly!!!!!

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

My van has sprung a water leak two weeks after forking out a grand for gearbox. Now it needs to go back to the garage.

Great fun this game eh.

She won't have seen her windy for 4 month because any ten bob window cleaner doing it for pocket money disappears in winter months.P.S no offence to any traditional workers out there who are genuine [emoji1360]

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app
I know plenty of ten bob wfp guys also

It's not just the tradders

Cheap system

Cheap tools

Cheap prices

Van on ebay come winter

My van has sprung a water leak two weeks after forking out a grand for gearbox. Now it needs to go back to the garage.
Great fun this game eh.
Where'd you get your van Adam?? Breakers yard??/emoticons/tongue.png

Having a run of bad luck with it mate

It's been fine for a year... Just how it goes i suppose. So frustrating though, its not so much the money it's all the messing about taking it to garage, waiting days for parts and meanwhile not getting any work done.

I tried to get a new one on finance but they wanted 5k deposit which I haven't got so back to fixing this one and hope for the best.

Latest Posts

Back