Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Is 5 million PL really necessary?

Kennygggkent

Transparent Window Cleaning
Just renewing my Public liability atm, want 2 million really, but just heard that if your doing a fair bit of commercial then 5 million is the norm. Currently my commercial is at 20% of my work but I'm aiming to increase that to 40%. What's your thoughts guys?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been assisting a college with a quote for a school in East Sussex. They require a minimum of 10 mil liability for any council contracts now.

The caretaker there has said as long as they are aware that we only hold 1 mil then they can get a temporary booster for us for the duration of the job.

All our commercial need at least 5 mill, I'm mainly talking about blocks, estates, offices etc not sure about showrooms... check out some quotes it's pretty cheap if that's the kind of work your thinking of picking up?! 20% commercial of your work is not bad already if it's good stuff..

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Is that all commercial, car showrooms and the like?
All my work is commercial care homes,managment companies,shops,returaunts,schools etc some won't even ask for it but I find the ones that do want 5 mil as the minimum even a pub I do for green king wanted 5million cover.

All my work is commercial care homes,managment companies,shops,returaunts,schools etc some won't even ask for it but I find the ones that do want 5 mil as the minimum even a pub I do for green king wanted 5million cover.
I'm getting £270 quoted back at me but that is with tool cover. Does that sound about right?

I'm getting £270 quoted back at me but that is with tool cover. Does that sound about right?
I can't quite rember what I pay mine is with A plan and they do all my insurance van,pl etc it's due for renewal in March.

Removing tool cover will bring it down.

I have switched to Gleaming Insurance this year which is very comprehensive cover including damage to property been worked on well more to the point item(s) been cleaned and treatment risks etc . I do a fair few builders cleans so i want to be certain i am covered for all eventualities should their be a need .

Other companies don't provide this level of cover so almost worthless if a contracter turns round and starts claiming you or your workers have damaged glass on a job for example and they want £100's or £1,000's out of you .

Back