Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Tds Reading Won't Change After Going Through Di Tank

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Hi Haka,

Quick test you can do to see if it is the correct resin. If you have a paper cup pierce the bottom with a small hole which can be made by a pen. Then fill the cup roughly 3/4 full of resin then pour in tap water from your tap. The water will come out quickly from the bottom and will not be 000 tds due to the flow of water. Once you have turned off the water wait a about 30 secs then place a cup underneath to catch the dripping water.

Next dip you TDS Meter into the cup of water and it should read 000ppm.

If it does then post a pic of your di vessel on here if you can and I'll fix it for you /emoticons/wink.png

Hi. Doug,

Did this and it worked the second time in the cup however the DI vessel still

Only drops by 10 points giving a reading of 55 and that's having the flow at a trickle.

Not the kind of volume or pressure I had in mind.

Don't really want to lug water around, would prefer to use directly from tap to DI toWFP.

I put some air filter mesh in the center of the feeder to stop the resin coming out. Is this ok?

Take a pic of the bag of resin so we can see what you have bought which might help to identify it

ye post pic of the bag of resin u got and we will see because if the resin is legitimate then u shouldnt not have a problem

Haka its your riser tube and di head.if you take a pic of it.

The riser tube should be a very tight fit, you should have no resin escaping.

What's happening is untreated is mixing with treated water. Your riser tube may be too small fit for your di head. Or your riser tube has gone oval in shape.

This is your problem

Thanks Doug.

I've sent of a letter to Siemens as they told me that the compontants all fitted together but I think the main problem is the resin is entering the feeder and drawing up into the outlet. It seems there is no fine mesh on the inside of the feeder just fine slits in the plastic which doesn't filter the fine resin, which according to the Japanese Engineer who manufactures the resin is the same size the worl over and the resin is made to conform the the tanks and feeders, not the other way around. It isn't a problem because it so happens that he does rental DI enchange so I can do that for a few months till I get mine sorted.

Siemins in the states are a bit slack or maybe overworked so it takes time to get get them to move on any issues.

I will seems a photo of the feeder and head soon but got yo go teach English now which does my head in and is the reason for getting into WFP here. Japanese struggle to use/learn English and I have been a teacher in three different countries for 19 years but just can for the life of me get motivated to motivate the the unmotivated. It frustrates me so time for a change

Will update soon

Haka

Update.

I fixed it temporarily with a few nic nacks from the hardware store.

It seems that Seimens in the States forgot to tell me that without this part it would be useless, trying to blame my connecting and hoses.

Good tank producing 000 TDS reading now with a reasonable flow. Do you think I should just connect to the tap or fill containers and use a pump? The water is free so it's no problem to make it here, just don't want to lug water around.

What ever you do don't use Seimens despite the products being good. You guys proably have enouh supplied there in the UK so you are all ok.

Anyway thanks for the help putting me on track.

Will post later with some ideas to stop freezing for those that don't want to spend heaps and a way I thought up of stopping your hoses getting caught up and s stagged

Cheers

Back