Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Expectations for 2016?

Ben23

Good afternoon folks, as some will be aware I started adding Pressure washing to my services toward the end of the season last year and I was just wondering when you lads generally expect things to pick up (with the exception of the ever busy Evie that is /emoticons/smile.png ). the reason I ask is that I have been doing a lot of advertising on Facebook through groups as suggested in previous advertising threads and am yet to yield any real results.

Do you tend to go from 0 to busy like flicking a switch in the spring (March/April) or does it tend to be more gradual as winter comes to a close?

My aim is to gain around 4-5 jobs per month from the pressure washing side of things as a supplement to my existing business and thought i'd get your opinions on whether you think this would be achievable?

Bit of a rambling post but cheers for any input /emoticons/smile.png

All the best for your businesses

Ben

I'm a bit lost on how to market pressure washing. Apart from the odd job of existing customers. I leaflet for it to the tune of about 4000 leaflets for 1 call. My pressure washing site ranks 1st page of google for pressure washing my city but never get a call.

lol come mid march its like crazy season just make sure u have few pairs of eaterprroofs as u can do a few jobs a day if lais out right

very hard to market as it isnt a common thing to get done but when u do get it charge well and do a great job

i done one job yesterday and doing one this morning

if you want the work youv got to "put out Several lines in the water" . i love that expression, picked it up after seeing one of Donthewindowcleaner vids on youtube . check him on youtube [media]

[/media] ,he inspired me a long time ago .
shame he ultimately gave up on window cleaning tho- praps he didnt have enuff lines in the water after all! he moved into bein a preacher but to me his face on his later vids says he isnt in the right place

but after seein his vid,[this was about 4 yrs back] i setabout doin just that and it really works- you need to be postin on Fascebook daily, doing a spot of leaflettin, doorknock now n then , post on streetlife/gransnet and theres countless other cheap ways to get work flowing in ,little AND often is the secret in my opinion .

heres another i nearly forgot it --get chummy with idle folk who frequent cafes [and later they sing about your services] .

several lines in the water

Last edited:
I've recently bought a new machine and have been telling each of my customers about it with over the top enthusiasm. The response has been very good. I've given several estimates for when spring comes, and had a few accepted already

Last edited by a moderator:
Same with me I've done what Steve has done I've just got s machine off Ben at Rutland pumps and I've been really selling it to all my custys given loads of quotes and got them all for when the weather is a little better.

Also have done 3 gutter cleans with it with the added help of Virosol. Have also done 2 drive ways in the last 2 weeks. So no time like the present and get selling

;-)

Thanks for the replies lads, spurs a bit of positivity as its a long winter in my line of work (not being a window cleaner and all) and the machine was a bit of an outlay at the wrong time of year last season

My main occupation is in garden maintenance and landscaping which can take a large off season as a rule, my work can dry up from late November up untill March, and I had hoped that I would get the odd booking from my relentless Facebook ads and promotion through the quieter months, that said I was braced for the worse

Like Adam my webpage is ranked number one for power washing, pressure washing and driveway cleaning for my area, however it has brought no work as of yet, got my fingers crossed that this will change as Peter mentioned come mid march(ish) time

Thing I find with the facebook ads on Selling pages is that they tend to get lost among the continual stream of baby clothes and knackered beds that people are flogging, but hopefully me putting them up over the recent couple of months will have planted the idea for people tocontact when the weather improves a little

Thanks again for the replies, all the best /emoticons/smile.png

Back