Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pressure washer help

WCF

Help Support WCF:

CHWS

So I got my washer and tested the other day and it was great. Got to the job earlier attached to mains and was going great, kept losing pressure on me. So I disconnected hose and seen I could pish quicker than the flow. So the next thing I done was use my water tank to finish the job. I noticed an oil leak coming from the bottom of the engine and onto the trolley. There wasn't loads and I'm hoping it was from where I filled it up before using and hoping that some had spilt!!! Anyway I'm worried in the fact would I have done any damage to the machine with the fkn about with not a big deal of flow going to it ?

Low water flow would not damage your engine, but, it may damage your pump, but , as you were able to carry on when you switched to your water tank and everything was working fine, i would say ..... you probably got away without causing any damage to your pump. If the Engine is leaking oil then i would say that its just a coincidence. How old is your pressure washer?

Holy **** ! .......... Did you find the source of your oil leak? im hoping it was just overspill when you filled it.

Holy **** ! .......... Did you find the source of your oil leak? im hoping it was just overspill when you filled it.
Not yet it seemed to be coming from under the engine and I can't see it because it's practically flush with the trolley. Honest to **** me and engine don't mix. I have no luck even with a new one /emoticons/smile.png)

Ok, give the underside of the engine a good blast with your PW to clean out any residual oil that may still be under there, leave it to dry then go back and have a look to see if its still oil free. if it isnt i would say you have a warranty claim, phone the supplier and let him know, i wouldnt mention the "low water" pressure incident to him he may use it as an excuse to void your warranty ......... Even when we know for a fact that it didnt have anything to do with the oil leak. One other thing, is the oil definately coming from your engine, or is it coming from your pump ?

Ok, give the underside of the engine a good blast with your PW to clean out any residual oil that may still be under there, leave it to dry then go back and have a look to see if its still oil free. if it isnt i would say you have a warranty claim, phone the supplier and let him know, i wouldnt mention the "low water" pressure incident to him he may use it as an excuse to void your warranty ......... Even when we know for a fact that it didnt have anything to do with the oil leak. One other thing, is the oil definately coming from your engine, or is it coming from your pump ?
I'll give this a go shortly and keep you updated

Be careful what you tell him, he will twist it. Don't be afraid to get in touch with trading standards if he starts messing you about

When even the smallest amount of oil can seem a lot when it gets wet

Prob just overspill from filling

Carnt think we're would leak from bottom

Make sure your pump gearbox and oil caps are on proper even the smallest gap when the oil is warm and the machine vibrating will leak through cap

Like Stevie said my guess is its overspill, there isn't anywhere for it drip from directly under like that.

Pump will be fine, while not recommended it can run dry for a little while, if it had caused any damage you would know as the pump would likely have seized.

Always run off a buffer tank, don't run direct from mains.

Like Stevie said my guess is its overspill, there isn't anywhere for it drip from directly under like that.
Pump will be fine, while not recommended it can run dry for a little while, if it had caused any damage you would know as the pump would likely have seized.

Always run off a buffer tank, don't run direct from mains.
Agree her your machine will run at optimum and pump always have the right lpm of water supply

When your running off a tap if pressure is rubbish it's no good

Latest Posts

Back