Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Slx 25 or 30

andy1992

Awryt lads,

Been using a converted Harris pole since starting up part time in the summer. Was going to get an slx 25 but then watched a review where the person thought u mite as we'll get a slx 30 just to cover urself. What you guys think ?

Cheers

Hi Andy,

Feel free to pop over to Stirling to view and have a shot at the range of Gardiner Poles in stock. You then can have a better idea what pole to choose.

I use a SLX 25 for my everyday work & have done for years- since they were first ever released. IMO it's a perfect balance of weight & size for an everyday pole. I have an extension section which I can just pop on for the odd occasion where I need a little extra length. Above 30ft I use an Xtreme 47 & have one extension for this also.

Y I man, you may as well get ye sen a slx35 jorst ta coova ya sen, ye na.
Is the 35 ok for everyday use or is it not a bit heavy ? Also if you use an aqua tap then do you really need to use a screw in brush rather quick loq ? i know fitting the aquatap is easy as you just fit the acme quick fit adapter but then you must need a screw fit brush on other side

I have an slx25 with an additional extension piece. And a clx18 for day to day use. All with quick lock brush fitting. No aquadaptor.

The point is you are always tempted to go one more size up, but what will you require for most of the time?

Reckon the 35 fully collapsed would be a bit long for an everyday pole. As for the aquatap, do you mean aquadapter or the twist one?

If you mean aquadapter, it works with either screw fitting or quick loq, i dont know about the twist one soz bud

Is the 35 ok for everyday use or is it not a bit heavy ? Also if you use an aqua tap then do you really need to use a screw in brush rather quick loq ? i know fitting the aquatap is easy as you just fit the acme quick fit adapter but then you must need a screw fit brush on other side
Sorry talking out my **** again lads . Just looked and you can get quick loq angle adapters with acme threads anyway so that's fine. Hmm thinking of an slx 25 with extension then

Reckon the 35 fully collapsed would be a bit long for an everyday pole. As for the aquatap, do you mean aquadapter or the twist one?If you mean aquadapter, it works with either screw fitting or quick loq, i dont know about the twist one soz bud
Aquatap keir .the one by Peter fogwill. Yeah don't matter cos like I say gardiner do quick loq angle adapters with acme thread on other side anyway so quick loq and aquatap isn't a problem after all

Only a relative newbie at wfp but couldn't live without my wee aquatap. Always think an inline tap is footery and awkward

The point is you are always tempted to go one more size up, but what will you require for most of the time?
Good point .25 will easily cover 99% of my jobs . Few awkward veluxes which extension would get

the 25ft will b perfect i think ive got a 22 an its a tad to short at times 35 ft will b to long when not extended an get in the way

for every day pole would,int go past the 22ft

i,ve also got the 25f really handy but that tad to long and heavy what you have to say how often are you needing that extra length

Back