Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

step ladders..a question

I use them on windows above awkward conservatories and big full pane windows above canopies.

I use them on windows above awkward conservatories and big full pane windows above canopies.

me too, davey what do you do above a conney?? im not a fan of extension ladders having never been trad...yes iv used them from time to time but

most of the time step ladders will do the job. aiso is there a add on to extension ladders that i can use to go across the ( ribs ...structural supports.. dont know the right name :rolleyes: ) on a conney roof ... if you understand me

Very unstable. Face on into garden mud or chips if reach is possible, is better though.

Learn to use an extension pole is better,I'm still learning to use mine but is handy m8...or if u use unger stuff they have a small extension for their squugee if reach is within a foot of what ya can manage from standing.

me too, davey what do you do above a conney?? im not a fan of extension ladders having never been trad...yes iv used them from time to time butmost of the time step ladders will do the job. aiso is there a add on to extension ladders that i can use to go across the ( ribs ...structural supports.. dont know the right name :rolleyes: ) on a conney roof ... if you understand me
I use a small 7 rung triple ladder which is tiny if i need to but that is so rare i don't carry them except for twice a month

Usually i just extend the pole more and stand back or get it from the side of the conny, with a bit of thinking there is usually a way

To get on a roof like that you need conservatory ladders which aren't cheap but good for cleaning a roof by hand

I have several Connie roofs and canopies with large glass and the only way to access the windows is to stand on steps must admit only a couple of rungs I'm over six feet, but would be impossible to clean them wdue to the shape of the conservatory roof and finals also have a couple of windows above extra long extensions with thin slate tiles same principle just stand on the second rung even with my fat body never felt unsafe no wobble.

could use a hop up if you don't have the right size pole.Screw fix:Work Platform Aluminium 600mm

could give you a couple of feet, or regular ladder against conservatory gutter.
Would make sense but my steps are them combination ones that turn into extension ladders so just tall enough for flat roofs are inside the van so no messing around with taking ladders of the roof, very easy to use and can honestly say an essential part of my kit.

I use a set of quite unstable step ladders although once in my early days I fell from the 4th rung and broke my wrist. I still use them, to get over fences and some conny roofs but I'm very careful about placement now. I generally use my big ladder when cleaning conny roofs, feels much safer.

I'm just about to purchase a 7 rung A-frame ladder, the design is much safer so I'll be using this to get over fences and some shop work from now on.

Latest Posts

Back