Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Rainwater to 000tds

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Posh

I don't know if many have done this but I hear about pumps to pump water out of tanks or water butts.

Today my water butt was full up with rainwater reading 011tds. I connected a hose to the tap and connected the other end of the hose to my di unit. My di unit is 4.5 litres. I then turned on tap on butt to run water through di with it running into another butt & within 3 hours had 210 litres of pure. Just an alternative to a submersible pump.

Posh is your butt higher than the vessel

When I tried using a hose connected to my 25l di it was trickling out would have takin days just to fill a drum

Problem with pumps through a di is the pump is designed to keep pumping so when you add a inline tap or flow restrict or it just kills the pump and if you pump it through at the pump rate it flows to quick

Any ideas mate

My di is only a 4.5 so it sits level with the tap. It comes out at a nice pace through the di & into my 25 litre drum of which I then pour into a 210 litre water butt. As I said it took about 3 hours but I had no rush.

I do have a pump on my ro & a restricter tap on the hose before it goes into the di when I'm making normal pure from the tap but it don't slow or damage the pump. Same with my backpack.

Latest Posts

Back