Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hot water systems

WCF

Help Support WCF:

steve hawing

Do many if you use a hot water system? I can see the usp in using it plus nice warm hands in cold weather but is the cleaning process easier/faster/better finish etc?

Myself I like using hot/warm water as makes my job easier on minging one-off/first cleans.

THAT DOESNT SEEM TO BE THAT BAD CONSIDERING WAT UR BUYING

smurf does a exhaust vent need to be put on roof of van to let the fumes out ???

how hard to install

If your good at DIY it's not hard at all i was going to suggest a horse wash from ebay etc I installed a few in horse boxes and never had an issue just seal the roof vent with temp proof mastic as it does have a lot if radiant heat wash.

Out of interest @Smurf does the water have to still be pure or normal tap?

i would say once it leaves the tank to go into the pump then from pump to hot water ??? or pump after the heater
From the pump to the heater

I use hot water. love it. But don't like the cost of the £21 gas bottle every 3 weeks. lol.
I bought a gaslow refillable. About £130 setup, but then it's £8 to refill at a petrol station that does Autogas/LPG. You'll save £13 every 3 weeks, so 7 months and you're quids in

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi I think ive covered this topic before. This is only my opinion mind you some people might disagree . unless you are doing first cleans all day long.Hot water systems are a complete waste of time and most of all money.And most of all a pain in the **** come winter time when the temp drops below zero.

Last edited by a moderator:
I disagree about hot water. I earn more in a day using it as its quicker, a lot les spotting which result in a lot less rinsing.

Shazzy have too disagree with you on that one. I have done a back to back on many different types of jobs it makes no difference in time or the way the windows dry. And you have the extra cost of running it.But if it works for you great.

I think the proof is in the pudding really........hot water cleans better/quicker than cold water. If a window is covered in bird muck, I can guarantee you it will clean quicker with hot than cold. It actually breaks it down a lot quicker without even touching it. You don't wash up with cold water and if you did it would take longer. The small cost for me to earn more in a day and home earlier means I can have more customers on my books which in the end, results in more money coming in. Just 2 x £11 customers on a 6 weekly basis covers the cost of my gas. Unfortunately we will have to agree to disagree on this one. I stand my ground only thro experience.

its like doing your dishes in cold water i sapose the hardend food will not soften as quickly , i here hot water dryes quicker to wich would b nce also if u rinse cold water on baking hot glass it tends to turn to steem strate away i recken if u put hot water on hot glass it wont steem?? i could b rong tho?:confused:

And most of all a pain in the **** come winter time when the temp drops below zero.
Have you ever seen someone with a steaming kettle to de-ice the windscreen of a car in winter?

I always chuckle at what comes next.

CCRRRAAACCCKKK!!!

Hot water on cold glass is asking for trouble in my opinion.

in winter ide turn the heat down to look warm ive cleaned trad with warm water for years an never cracked a pain of glass so wfp shouldent b any different

Have you ever seen someone with a steaming kettle to de-ice the windscreen of a car in winter?
I always chuckle at what comes next.

CCRRRAAACCCKKK!!!

Hot water on cold glass is asking for trouble in my opinion.
I also think it would be very dangerous to the person if you were stupid enough to boil water and use for wfp....I am pretty sure hot water systems are no hotter than trad water which have been cleaning windows for many years.....

Back