Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

The Wives / Partners of Window Cleaners

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Green Pro Clean Ltd

When I met my Mrs she was a care assistant in London, I was in town for a party for the weekend and then headed back to Jersey. She was working as a care assistant but a few weeks later moved down to Jersey as well.

She spent some time coming out on the rounds daily and mastering the squeegee and all manner of trad cleaning techniques but still found work as a care assistant.

We moved back to Nottingham a few years back and she continued in the care industry but this was much to my dislike due mainly to the **** pay, 12 hour shifts and the truly appalling manner and conditions in which you are expected to work.

She quit that about six months back now as we are not reliant on her income anymore and I was a lot happier about her not doing that work. However there is only so much shopping and surfing the web anyone can do before boredom kicks in.

So this week we modified the system to a two user system and now she is 'back on the tools' working with me daily. Have to be honest, get's the jobs done quicker (as I can't slack off as the boss is watching :p) and is good to have company in the van and quality help on the round. Customers also seem to like seeing a lady window cleaner and of course every dirty old man walking a dog stops and says hello, she signed two yesterday! :))

What line of work is your wife / partner in and do you / would you train her up to go on the rounds with you?

View attachment 8231

It's looking like a move is on the cards for me, so think my other half will be taking on the role of canvasser, and head of face book... Not sure I could get her on the tools! Fair play to yours getting stuck in!

Nice one Darren - we planned same but she got pregnant again

Hopefully one day will get team Loz going - think I'll go to vets first get sorted

Mrs is a full time mum, once they both in school im trying to persuade her to start a maid service tagged onto the business. Doubt itll happen tho

My missus is a high flying banker on big bucks. I love her dearly, but would rather eat fox turds than have her working with me all day. Each to their own etc etc

View attachment 8234 Must say I very much agree with Green ! :thumbsup:

I've also trained my wife to both trad and wfp, and she rides along on selected rounds . Definitely also thinks it's having a positive impact on potential costumers to have a female in the business. I know we got one only because of her. It was an old lady that I've met next to the house I've been doing a long time . When Michala as her name is started riding along ,the old lady signed up as a 4 weekly. ;) We now jokes about it ,and I say it's "her custy " I'm just her "*****" on that job :rofl: must say though She's not that good wfp , but a great tradder .

Funny thing ! This pic was acctually taken at a factory owned by one you UK Executive guys . It happened that i Got to clean for an Executive s wife a from Uk , then she reffered me to others , ( theres obviosly a club of Them knowing each other ) living in the area in Denmark.

Must say its a joy to clean for then , they are SO polite and appreciatetive. /emoticons/smile.png

My missus is a teacher

But the thought of her working with me makes me sweat and sweat a lot!!

if it works fair play

But I actually like my time apart ha

My 'current' misses is a maniplutive, lazy, money snatching, miserable, game playing cow, the odd time shes helped me out on a job she has just stood there moaning its cold or I cant do this cant do that!

I'm soon going to be a single bloke as you may tell from the above comment!!

My 'current' misses is a maniplutive, lazy, money snatching, miserable, game playing cow, the odd time shes helped me out on a job she has just stood there moaning its cold or I cant do this cant do that!
I'm soon going to be a single bloke as you may tell from the above comment!!
Thought you was having a affair with my missus from the description,that was until the part you said she helping you out!!!

My wife did work with me 9 years trad. She had that soft touch so The rubber she was using lasted three times more than mine. Now she take care our son. Really miss that time working with my wife.

3174d6ec87bf58926711a3d55d128562.jpg

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app

Back