Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What's everyone wearing on their feet?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

few years ago this lad who i employed trainers split on the street View attachment 5785 and i had to buy him shoes quickly but the only ones we could find [in size 12] were these deck shoes!

they proved totally unsuitable very poor grip

£9.99 pair of trainers from shoezone, last a couple of months then replace them, tried a more expensive pair but they wore out within month.

Too wet to wear them now though.
Damo that was my pic you weirdo!

I still wear them in the summer months, amazing grip, and soooo comfy, despite what the CIU brigade claimed...

They do look great, been a few roofs I wouldnt go on but prob would with them things on, but I'm a size 11/12 I'd look special! LOL

I am like a mountain goat on roofs even with a pair of riggers on..wouldn't be seen dead in those trainers /emoticons/tongue.png

I am like a mountain goat on roofs even with a pair of riggers on..wouldn't be seen dead in those trainers /emoticons/tongue.png
No you couldn't pull them off Dave

/emoticons/tongue.png

Was looking for some waterproof trainers for a while. Salomen and Karrimor have some Goretex lined shoes that I tried but I couldn't find anything that I liked and fitted me for less than £90. Spotted these shoes made by an American company called Keen, not Gortex but got their own waterproof/breathable liner. Nice big toe box area and they haven't let a drop of water in. Got them for £60 which is still more than I wanted to spend but my feet are warm and dry. View attachment 5797

On a more serious note, read recently that for those who wear trainers and are frequently up ladders, this can course serious damage later as the sole is soft and doesn't support the lower foot. You never see the army training in trainers, always boots! Perfect typing after drinking all day!!!

I'm am a big believer in wearing walking boots at work. Looks profesional and they feel great on your feet all day. I have at the moment a pair of salomans quest 4D GTX 2 they do cost quite a bit but for me it's a no brainer you have them on for 8 hours a day so they need to be robust and keep your feet dry. They are gortex and come with a 2 year manufacture Guarantee so any splitting or any kind of damage like that new boots. Down side they cost £150 but if you shop around you can get them for anywhere between £90-110.

Back