Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How do you deal with customers that want a price over the phone?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Gavin

Staff member
Admin
Thought i would get this conversation going. I have had a few call up wanting a quote over the phone, even after explaining that it would not be accurate they still insist. /emoticons/wink.png

You could still give a rough quotation and insist that for an accurate quotation a full survey would be required. Most people would understand that there's a lot if variables to take into account.

i tell them to assume a pound a window, and unless the windows are like car showrooms, that should be the most it'll be

I aways add that my prices start from say £20 upwards if they say its only a Terrance with a few windows, I find them really hard conversations and down line they are usually awkward customers so I end up being polite and decline the job

I always say that I need to see it, give them a "Starting from" price - and ask them to email photos if possible for a more accurate ESTIMATE.

Sometimes I look the property up on Google streetmaps and look at the street view.

Never call it a quote though - not being held to a price over the phone, just give an estimate

Yes, I too use Google street maps, and get a general idea for the house.

But I too have never given a price without seeing the windows in person.

Makes no sense to be potentially less in wage for months because of not quoting properly.

Back