Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Making pure

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Jimroot

ive found out my tds is 60.

I'm thinking of trying to make pure, would this idea work or not:

A filter system on my kitchen counter, a hose in through cat flap from outside tap, two hose out cat flap, one to drain one to a cheap 300l water butt.

I've got no outside storage currently so the filters would have to be inside.

You could get away with DI only. Hose from outside tap into DI, hose from DI to water butt. Bring DI in at night to save it from frost. Get another DI and go twin DI when you're making lots of water.

All you would need if you go down the DI only static route is preferably twin 11ltr DI tanks rather than one to help save resin costs, sediment filter, carbon fillter, hosepipe & conections and a holding tank. Then you would need a submersable pump if you want to fill containers quickly. Stick all this outside next to the tap in an inulataded box to stop it freezing. You could also add a frost electric heater in the box too if you wanted.

Other option If you stick a tank in the van then just fill that directly from the outside tap water and put the filters and DI tanks before the wfp pump and use it as a quick fill pure on demand van mount.

I'm DI only. TDS of 35.

With your TDS of 60 & it sounding a bit of a hassle I'd still be going DI only & bearing in mind when quoting that I'd be spending a little more on resin.

I have an outside tap connected to two 11 litre vessels. No outside storage, I just fill my containers after work to cover the following day.

The vessels come in at night & live under the stairs next to where I charge my trolley. A bit of a PITA because of the extra clutter under the stairs but it keeps our patio clear & tidy with the added bonus that there's no need to worry about the frost on the pure water production side... only when I'm splashing it all over customers houses! lol

I know but if me I would want pre filters to do there job first.

Also I'm guessing that once he sees how much resin he getting through he may want to get a RO:D

Don't need carbon and sediment filters with mains supply and TDS of 60.

It's got to be a cheaper than chips system, ideally cheaper than potatoes. Will consider the above advice and ask some more questions in a bit, thanks all

Hand held HS TDS meter from daqa is about 15 squid

Tulsion mb115 di resin is about 75 squid a bag

11ltr referbished di tanks you can get for about 30ish quid each on fleeday

bit of garden 1/2 inch hose and some cheap copy hozelock connectors and your away at makeing pure the di way.

Stick the diy tank on a sack truck and you then have a portable di system that can make pure anyway with an outside tap. That is if the tds is not too high or the resin will not last very long at all.

Bah, why does everyone have great water, mines hovers between 450 and 470 out the tap....

Wish I could go DI only /emoticons/sad.png

I thought mine way high being 250-300...:eek:

Bah, why does everyone have great water, mines hovers between 450 and 470 out the tap....
Wish I could go DI only /emoticons/sad.png

my tds is 65 today. I fill the van tank with tap water and pump out through two 11 ltr DI's. Pure on demand. There is a standard filter before the pump. I change resin in one DI every 6 weeks or there about. I have a 400 ltr tank and use most of it every day. My at brush tds is 001 today but its 8 weeks since the last change. Hope that helps.

Hand held HS TDS meter from daqa is about 15 squidTulsion mb115 di resin is about 75 squid a bag

11ltr referbished di tanks you can get for about 30ish quid each on fleeday

bit of garden 1/2 inch hose and some cheap copy hozelock connectors and your away at makeing pure the di way.
Got the monitor, on fleebay but same as Daqua.

How long would that bag last do you think?

I would like a van system, but I can't get van near the house. It's narrow street with double yellows my side, and opposite, and parking down the road. The nearest space is usually taken and over the road. So getting a hose to it would be trouble, but trolley access is good

I'm not planning on being a heavy users, certainly not for ages anyway, so wanted to make the gardiner backpack trolley and several containers of pure system. I also want to keep the van space flexible for a lawn mower and vac etc

I'm not planning on being a heavy users, certainly not for ages anyway, so wanted to make the gardiner backpack trolley and several containers of pure system. I also want to keep the van space flexible for a lawn mower and vac etc
I switch modes in my pick up as well, between gutters, windows and pressure washing.

I use a load of 25 litre barrels for window cleaning, can do a full day like that no problem.

Nice one. I've started to think a lawn round in the summer would be a pleasant bit of variety, and possibly a bit more to do at the same house. I plan on doing hybrid windows, but with this snow, it's a bad time to practice!

Latest Posts

Back