Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gutter Cleaning Only Buisness ?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

There is money in S/F/G cleaning for sure. I did one last week where I had done the conny roof in the spring. He had obviously had a go at cleaning the plastic but must have thought stuff this for a game of soldiers /emoticons/biggrin.png. He watched me clean them and must have thought if only I had the gear to do that. It does make your shoulders ache and you do get wet, but there is money to be made doing it. There are plenty of riffy plastics on houses around. I advertise cleaning plastics on my site, but I think a lot of people need to be nudged into having it done as up towards the roofline isn't in your normal vision when you're outside. Maybe a big leaflet drop or newspaper ad would bring in more work?
Sorry, I'm waffling......
I did one last week, bloke bought a 3 metre crappy flimsy pole with a silly little soft brush on the end from fleebay for about a tenner, had a go cleaning them standing on garage roof and off ladders, but ended up calling me in to quote... He had done about a 1 metre patch that still wasnt that clean and said I cant do it but wanted to give it a go, he watched in envy as I extended my telescopic pre sprayer above his conny and sprayed a load of ubik over them, as the dirt started to disperse, I got out the 30 footer carbon pole, nice super light xline brush head and slowly washed away all the **** with nice hot pure water, he went on to say now thats one job I never need to try again, just call you in lol! Went on to rec me to some friends and while there next door popped out and took a card as his were now been showed up by the nice and shiny neighbours plastics! Def a market in it I'd say! I reckon doing them on a sat/sun when folk are in is a sure way of getting other work in the street, but then I don't like working weekends.

The main thing to remember with "one off" type services duch as gutters, connys, carpets etc is you will need a constant marketting plan. Its ok doing them as an addition to windows but as a sole business its an entirely different ball game.
Its great you have the window cleaning custies as your base as this gives you the platform to do other things.
Lol you basically just repeated my point on page 1 :rofl:

Going to buy one of these myself this week, just wondered what size genny would be needed for one of those 3600w machines that are available on that website someone kindly linked up on the other page ?

Also are the 1000w ish machines no good for this kind of work ?

Not interested in gutter cleaning, if I get asked I send my mate round who's a roofer, then I'll clean the outside if they want it? Got enough to do with windows, facias, conny's etc without worrying about taking on awkward work like that, I certainly couldn't be *rsed with generators and the like, plugging in electrical equipment into the custy's mains isn't very professional.
I wasn't interested In gutter cleaning at first until I charged £120 for and hour and a halfs work cleaning them - saw the potential and building from there. Gutter vacs make the job much less awkward and actually find them easier then some first window cleans and defiantly easier then cleaning conny roof's, While agree using customer electricity is not ideal I wouldn't say it looks unprofessional - would you think the same of a builder using it to charge his tools, a carpet cleaner to plug his vac in etc etc.

Asked this in amother thread... Would a leaf vacuum like a Billy Goat have enough suction to do this job, no worries about using customers Electricity if they are up too the task ?!

Neil said he has a good one but wasn't expensive..i gotta ask him for a link so i can have a look

It's all change here..big ladders sold

30ft pole and brush gotta pick up this week off mate

Looking around for parts to make a trolley

Then while doing fascias etc look for a good ro to switch to pure and wfp tops

No rush but gonna be over the next couple months then will be wfp

I can be your padwan cheap

"Cheapie has taught you well but you are not a jedi yet"/emoticons/tongue.png

Sorry for posting on WFP page but this one seems to get most action. My ? Is does anyone out there completely survive off Gutter Cleaning alone. I'm of course a windy with over 300 regular 6 week customers so bills are payed etc but have recently bought gutter vac etc - I have create a website for just gutter cleaning and taking out a Checkatrade advert (both have not launch yet) - I like the fact with Gutter Cleaning my minimum price for a terraced is £50 which makes jobs worth travelling out for unlike £10 window cleans. Also I feel gutter cleaning is something (if getting enough work in) I can farm out or employ someone to do work. My window cleaning customers are so used to me doing it I don't think they would be happy with someone else. Hope this makes sense. Thanks
Sorry to bring this old thread up but I'd be interested to hear how you got on with this plan with Adwords KieMan. 

I have been doing it for 27 years. It's amazing at how well you can do. There is a service in Atlanta that has 27 trucks. They do over 35000 cleans a year. They even have their financial statement on their website. 

I take it your in the States Randall.  Dan,, Kieman has not been on the forum since May? Hopefully alls good with him, I too was wondering how his gutter business was doing! 

Last edited by a moderator:
Back