Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gardiner poles

WCF

Help Support WCF:

D

David Williams

Just about to purchase the gardiner slx30 @ £302 +vat

But wants to know what the advantages are over there 65% carbon clx 27 which is only 4ft shorter and weighs about the same but is only £187 + vat

My head is telling me to go with the more expensive one

Why????

Why are you thinking 30'? If you are only doing normal height houses, the SLX-22 would be a good pole to buy.

Are you reading this Mr Gardiner, I want commission :thumbsup:

stiffness is key just ask the misses:D u will never go bk to non carbon once u have tryed a full carbon i used to have a clx27 now i have a facelife pheonix 22 the difference is massave i can rinse in strong wind very ackurutly ( sory for bad spelling )

Why are you thinking 30'? If you are only doing normal height houses, the SLX-22 would be a good pole to buy.
Are you reading this Mr Gardiner, I want commission :thumbsup:
I clean a hotel every other week and need this height.

I have a slx 22 which is great for everyday and a slx 30 which I use for 3 storey and velux. I would go for best you can afford always. :specs

Thanks guysGonna go with the slx30 /emoticons/smile.png
seeing as i may be heading that way please let me know how you get on with it....i have only one block of flats but my ladder is 8,2 metres fully extended so i reckon i need that height...

seeing as i may be heading that way please let me know how you get on with it....i have only one block of flats but my ladder is 8,2 metres fully extended so i reckon i need that height...
Will do.:)

The SLX30 is so much easier to use at height than the CLX27.

The CLX27 pole was created as a budget pole to cover many needs within one pole. Because of this it is one of our best-selling poles - in rigidity testing it has also proved more rigid and bounce resistant than some competitors full carbon poles. However because it does many things well it is not the best Gardiner pole at any one aspect of window cleaning. On standard domestic work a CLX22 or SLX22 is easier and lighter to use. At full reach an SLX25 or SLX30 is easier to use, lighter and more rigid which combines to reduce the strain.

If you have the budget (which I quite understand if you did not) then I would go for a 22ft for everyday and the SLX30 for the higher regular work. Another alternative if you did not want to work with the SLX30 all of the time is to buy an SLX25 and a No.6 extension. You can then work with the SLX25 for most of your work and pop the No.6 extension on for when you need it. Or just buy the SLX30 and work with it as it is also a great pole and many users work with this size all of the time on all of their work.

The SLX30 is so much easier to use at height than the CLX27.
The CLX27 pole was created as a budget pole to cover many needs within one pole. Because of this it is one of our best-selling poles - in rigidity testing it has also proved more rigid and bounce resistant than some competitors full carbon poles. However because it does many things well it is not the best Gardiner pole at any one aspect of window cleaning. On standard domestic work a CLX22 or SLX22 is easier and lighter to use. At full reach an SLX25 or SLX30 is easier to use, lighter and more rigid which combines to reduce the strain.

If you have the budget (which I quite understand if you did not) then I would go for a 22ft for everyday and the SLX30 for the higher regular work. Another alternative if you did not want to work with the SLX30 all of the time is to buy an SLX25 and a No.6 extension. You can then work with the SLX25 for most of your work and pop the No.6 extension on for when you need it. Or just buy the SLX30 and work with it as it is also a great pole and many users work with this size all of the time on all of their work.
What about my commission? :mad:

Sorry, but it's cash only now

bounce.jpg

I use the slx35 as an everyday pole can get any window on a house no probs of the height /emoticons/smile.png

I use the slx35 as an everyday pole can get any window on a house no probs of the height /emoticons/smile.png
I couldn't use the SLX-35 all day, it would kill me /emoticons/sad.png (wimp alert). I will use it to do a whole house if it has Velux's etc, but no way all day.

I have a fair amount of velux's on my round and I find it easier to just to use one pole to get every window rather than going back to the van to change poles /emoticons/smile.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back