Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Best Van For Mpg

iluvwindows

Which is the best van small size and medium size for mpg?

currently getting 60 miles to a tenner in a small van Im sure I could get the same in a bigger van ie vivaro traffic size

currently getting 60 miles to a tenner in a small van Im sure I could get the same in a bigger van ie vivaro traffic size
Thats not very good MPG for a small van.

What van have you got now...

Is it Diesel or Petrol....

How much is fuel in your area.

Everyone has there own taste. I have the Vauxhall Vivaro. It all depends on how much weight you have to pull. I have 650 tank, plus carpet cleaning so need a biggish van. Saying that I'm looking at Fiat Scudo LWB 2009/10.

60 miles to £10 is a ver inaccurate way of checking the mpg.

You need to brim the tank, use at least half, them brim it again and compare the liters put in to miles done

i get between 60-70 miles for a tenner, ford focus estate ,, 06 deisel, depends on weight and accelaration.

You need to brim the tank, use at least half, them brim it again and compare the liters put in to miles done
I have brimed the tank and still works out the same m8

I do about 60 miles a week and it cost me about £15. So mine is worst by the looks, Kangoo. 300l of water to carry round tho.

I have a kangoo never recorded milage or let but I don't seem to fill it often, had a transit last n that was shocking on fuel

CNS is right......

This IS the only way to get a true calculation of your fuel consumption.

You can forget about squirting a £10'rs worth of fuel in the tank and those trip computer thingys for working out mpg.

My works van is a Kangoo diesel, done over 180,000m and carries a 350ltr water tank which is usualy full.

Last weeks mileage and fuel at £1.359ltr was....

417miles = £56.47

= 45mpg

= .14p per/mile

Turbo diesel but think turbos are knackard. Only does 70mph. I fill up costs me £59 & lasts me more or less the month. It's brilliant. Chugs along & rattles but turn the radio up & there gone lol.

45mpg vauxhall combo 1.3cdti loaded with 650 payload.

55mpg is empty.

29mpg Peugeot boxer 1.9 loaded with 750 payload.

?? Empty as always loaded.

Back