Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Izettle

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Gmeister

Hey Guys,

Anyone heard of IZettle?

If the customer don't have cash, then they can pay by card, it works by connecting a little card reader to your phone, then use your phone as a card chip and pin machine.

I can't find any prices, apart from it cost £20 from a shop like EE, then you pay 2.75% on each transaction.

https://www.izettle.com/gb

What do you think, to me this looks dodgy, using a phone.

Like I say its cheap, the other option of this kind, is to get a proper chip and pin machine, as people already have this trust against the machine, pay by either renting it or buying outright, from somewhere like Payatrader then pay for a signup fee too, cost to much I think.

G.

These have been around for ages but iZettle are one of the leaders in the UK. It's safe enough to use but the problem is the perception that the customer may have. I think most people will be OK with it but I think you'll see a lot of people not trusting it enough.

Set up a PayPal script for your website it's much easier and smaller commission take.

Yes, but ive been and done a job this week, customer was in, but said come back later, I came back later he said he forgot cash, come back tomorrow(friday) went in morning misses says hes at work, so I go at night and he says come back tomorrow(sat) went today and finally got the money.

You see that money I made on that house most of it went in fuel, so I see nothing of that.

If I get customers like that G they only get 1 more chance before they will need a new window cleaner..

If iZettle is only £20 to buy, then 2.75% commission then I'd say it would be worth. That's only 27p for £10.00... eBay take about 40 odd pence for a £5.00 transaction

Izettle is good but customers wont feel safe,, u cud be skimming their card details for all u no /emoticons/smile.png i only collect 1,2 days a week /emoticons/smile.png so if they rnt in ill catch them the week after, or ill have to leave it n jus double them up wen i clean em again

same as me H sack that driving backwards and forwards all day for a few quid.

G you should have added fuel costs to there price taking the mick them.

lol this way u get rid of all your bad customers aswell a.k /emoticons/wink.png cos when u keep going back and back they take the pi** more ! so jsut go whenevr ur passing by cos your not just going for them u get me /emoticons/smile.png

if they continue to take the **** u jsut take them off ya round and replace them

Back