Public Liability Insurance

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Gleam123, Jul 25, 2011.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Gleam123

Gleam123 Active Member

Jun 30, 2011

Ive been looking around and been quoted 174 quid! Is this any good?
  2. Gav

Gav Grand Master

Dec 18, 2010
    I have public liability up to 1 million from One business insurance solutions.

it cost me £160 for the year.
  3. kars

kars Guest

jesus i might have been stiffed?? got p/l and E/l for over £600 a year??? that was with Hiscox. solicitor suggested that it was a good deal?
  4. I have 5 million public liability insurance and 5 milion employers liability for 2 employees and its £360 per year from simply business

5. nearlyclean

Dec 20, 2010
    I have mine with Hiscox and pay £80 but I have had PL for about 10 years with no claims yet sole trader £1 m
  6. kars

kars Guest

Jesus!!!! ive been robbed i recon?? think i will look at a quote from them?:mad:
  7. Kars - not necessarily.

EL is much dearer than PL.

Also, it depends on how long you have been trading, where you are - there are many factors so you cannot compare to a different company.

I am with Hiscox because I know the guys there as I was a London Insurance broker for 22 years.

DO not always assume that you are being ripped off as your cover may be very good.

Check though.
  8. kars

kars Guest

Yeah... just a bit shocked at how much it was in the first place. will leave it just now as really busy. I am happy with the cover tho and thats the main thing at the moment, on the other hand our licenses were much cheaper than i first thought and dont run out till summer 2014..;)
  9. Ken

Ken Guest

I'm renewing mine NOW actually.
    It will be a £5,000,000 PL insurance tailored for window cleaners and this is it:

Carpet, Upholstery, Hard Floor, Soft Furnishings and Curtain Cleaning
    Conservatory Cleaning
    Gutter, soffit, fascia, signage and frame cleaning
    Internal and external cleaning of commercial properties
    Internal and external cleaning of domestic properties
    Oven cleaning (domestic and catering ovens only)
    Pressure Washing to 205 bar (3000 psi)
    White goods cleaning (fridges, freezers etc)
    Window Cleaning to 25 metres

Public & Products Liability
    Damage to Property Being Worked Upon
    Treatment Risks
    Loss of Customer’s Keys
    Misuse of Customer’s Telephones
    Failure to Secure Customer’s Premises
    Financial Loss"

And it's only going to cost me around £25 a month, so 300 a year.
    Bear in mind 25meter high window cleaning is over 82foot, so I'm covered for all I want, I only go up to around 40ft on a regular basis.
    I take 5 cause it's better to be safe than sorry. It's better value for money and i rarely do subcontractual work for others where I work in factories, near food, and what not.
    Good deal you guys think? I'll be arranging it to***ht then taking out in the morning.
  10. That sounds like a great policy, what is your access, who is that with i may bechanging when my policy is up!e