Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Winter Time is coming!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Gleam123

Ok guys winter is coming, weather hasnt been great this year and will start to get worse.

What do you guys do through the winter? How do you decide when the weather is too bad for you to go out on a job?

What I do as wfp may be different to what others who are trad do ?

I always go out even if its just sitting in the van waiting to come home, the extra hour or two for earning can make all the difference. After cleaning windows since I was 17 (now 61) I nearly gave it all up last winter. Get ready now while there are still some daylight ours left, even if it means taking a day off to prepare etc

2 pair of kegs??i dont know how you do it i sweat like a pig all year round lol.i wear a hat and hoodie thats it maybe 2 t.shirts,used to it as work on sites for years and i hate warmth weird i know lol.

I am going to wear my t shirt for as long as I can try and harden myself to the cold a bit. Mind you last year all I had was wooly jumper and waterproof coat

What about rain etc? The weather is getting a bit worse so how bad does the rain have to be before you decide your not going out that day.

thermal socks and decent pair of boots and a hat,head and feet warm keeps the rest of your body happy and plenty of hot drinks and food.when it rains up goes the hood and I'm cocooned in my own little world

I clean when its hammering down, doesnt hurt to do just not pleasant.

Does it come to a point with anyone where the rain is bad enough that it can affect your work?

Back