Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

If you could start a round anywhere where would it be?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Guybrush

Hi Guys,

The average paid for a property where I am is 629k no typo there and i'm in-between Hounslow and Twickenham so not exactly footballer pad territory.

My rents been put up again and If I don't relocate I will never be able to own (i get the whole not needing to own thing too) so i'm giving myself one year and need to do it while I don't have kids. Looked at the west country been down there camping/holidays and love it that way but how hard would it be building a round 'out in the sticks' say Taunton for example. does anyone have any experience of this as it is a life changing move i'm looking to make?

Go for it! I nearly moved to Cornwall a few years back, I chickened out /emoticons/sad.png. I'm moving house this summer to the sticks, I'll be looking to gain a bit of work there so I can offload some work where I live now.

You only live once fella.

Cornwall now thats a beautiful part of the world. I know theres windies everywhere but do you think you could make a good round there and was that one of the things that put you off Tuffers? for me it's not a question of if, its a question of where. Yep lifes too short and time goes dam quick I know that more than ever doing this job, 'what another 6 weeks gone blimey'

My dad moved from Peckham to perranporth in Cornwall 14 years ago. He says its a lovely place if your retired like him, but its not a place in his opinion for a career as there is a lot of poverty there. I go down there every year, sometimes twice, its a stunning place, only spoilt by the Cornish people, who I.m.o, are the most miserable people on planet earth. Night night fellow windies /emoticons/smile.png

Lake District, but only when the sun's out. A tacky seaside town like Hunstanton would be good too. I very nearly bought a very small 2 day round being sold there a year or so back, including wfp trailer. The aim was to commute there and camp in the van for two nights while doing the round in the day. Kind of wish I had went through with it now.

Lake District, but only when the sun's out. A tacky seaside town like Hunstanton would be good too. I very nearly bought a very small 2 day round being sold there a year or so back, including wfp trailer. The aim was to commute there and camp in the van for two nights while doing the round in the day. Kind of wish I had went through with it now.
U shoulda done mate. Sounds a good idea

U shoulda done mate. Sounds a good idea
Yep, I like camping and roughing it and a bit of time away from the Mrs makes the heart fonder as hey say. Not sure what swayed me away from it in the end, but I probably just took the easy route and concentrated on my local round. It's a terrible thing being settled.

I will at some point in my life move to the south coast somewhere

My father in law is pretty much the only reason i am still here as the wife won't move away while he is still here since we lost my mother in law 5 years ago

Completely happy where I am thanks. London 20 mins away,by train, the coast (Southend) half hour away, my round (Bromley), 15-20 mins away. I have no desire to live in the country (to quite). I have no desire to live near the coast (full of coffin dodgers). The question was asked, just giving my answer. Completely happy where I am. Local pubs nearby where I know virtually everyone in them plus family all around.

Not even a rich man is as happy as a content man. Sorry if that's a bit sickly /emoticons/smile.png

I think there's a big difference between where would I want to live and where wiuld I wantn to work.

Live somewhere where the rents are low the restaurants are good and the fishing is spectacular.

Work sonewhere where every clean is less than 1 hour, minimum of £100 per clean, no awkard access and all paying on go cardless.

Cornwall is stunning but I can imagine that the winters can be harsh.

Living the dream baby! /emoticons/smile.png)

I think there's a big difference between where would I want to live and where wiuld I wantn to work.
Live somewhere where the rents are low the restaurants are good and the fishing is spectacular.

Work sonewhere where every clean is less than 1 hour, minimum of £100 per clean, no awkard access and all paying on go cardless.

Cornwall is stunning but I can imagine that the winters can be harsh.

Living the dream baby! /emoticons/smile.png)
They don't get many frost in Cornwall and their winters tend to be slightly milder than ours due to the jet stream.

However, they do get more rain and my old mans says it can be very grey and miserable for long periods of time due to it being a peninsula /emoticons/smile.png

new York for me I love the place and go there as much as I can , theres loads of dirty windows and window cleaners are un heard of unlike the uk

Latest Posts

Back