Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Which WFP system

Rich789

Hi im starting up in Birmingham (hard water). Done loads of research and getting ready to spend money /emoticons/sad.png. I have a new L2H2 big transit. Looks like ill need an RO system and i have two in mind. One is freedom kit and other is facelift starter kit. Both would be van based. Can you tell me which one you would choose and why? Obviously cost is an issue but i would like hasle free motoring so to speak. Cheers::):

Hmmm Just spoke to window cleaning wharehouse and RO van pack fitted looking like £3K so costs spiraling out of control.

Any recomendations for a cheap set up in a hard water area, just to get started? Very confusing, greatful for any advice lol

Last edited by a moderator:
It would be cheaper to buy a static ro, an a 1000 litre ibc tank in your shed.

Bhy a backpack an few barrels an away you go lad.

It would be cheaper to buy a static ro, an a 1000 litre ibc tank in your shed.Bhy a backpack an few barrels an away you go lad.
Yes i was thinking the same francie, im gonna test the water hardness at my home address and if its as low as i have been lead to believe i can get the vanpack. If its too high then ill willl go for static ro set up you have suggested. I am thinking that they may end up costing the same pretty much? As long as i dont go for van ro system.

Personally I have a diy fitted system in a pick up truck all in cost around £1,000
Yes giant i have looked at what other members are posting tds levels for severn trent water areas and they seem to be soft so hopefully van pack subject to me testing my own water supply

I fitted my first system in the first van I bought myself with the help of a friend... most of that is still going 2 years on (except I've got a bigger tank 650L instead of original 500L) bought all bits separately and cost around £1500 max if I remember correctly... all the best bits aswel I didn't cut corners!! Careful not to get swept up in all the sales attempts.. I now get the same system in all my vans the only difference is I pay to get it fitted professionally so it looks that bit neater, and no longer have RO in vans as filter into big tank the fill up vans from there.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:
@luca who do you pay to fit it professionally?

Looking to go down this route myself but while I know I can rig it up I'd like to have it done as best as possible and last.

@luca who do you pay to fit it professionally?
Looking to go down this route myself but while I know I can rig it up I'd like to have it done as best as possible and last.
Another good company is grippatank. I've ordered a new transit and they are bolting in my tank, I will fit all the plumbing etc. Not cheap, but they have a very good reputation

Another good company is grippatank. I've ordered a new transit and they are bolting in my tank, I will fit all the plumbing etc. Not cheap, but they have a very good reputation
I would speak to Martin at cleaning spot, your profile pic must put you down this way so can't be too far... I thought to do the whole thing was pretty cheap so might be worth weighing up. Think it was about £350 maybe less actually for all plumbing as well... there's another pump and some bits out of sight and I add those DI vessels as extra.. water is already 100% pure when it goes in my tank.
c6630c5c17ddabee2d8aafba6a144ea5.jpg

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Back