Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Battery help

WCF

Help Support WCF:

jayjay76

Hi all,

Battery ran out while working this morning, can anyone recommend a good battery charger, plus how long in general do they take to charge?

Also what's the best way to keep it charged are the solar battery maintainer any good?

Cheers John
f0cca0e3c5a3f66360455556adeab0e7.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all,
Battery ran out while working this morning, can anyone recommend a good battery charger, plus how long in general do they take to charge?

Also what's the best way to keep it charged are the solar battery maintainer any good?

Cheers John
f0cca0e3c5a3f66360455556adeab0e7.jpg
Have you thought about fitting a split charge relay? My controller has one installed in it. My battery always seems to be well topped up as I do a lot of miles. I have my charging leads rigged up to a 12v charging point (like a cigar lighter) by the rear lights.

Have you got a link for this split charge relay please. do you just take off the relay when you get to the job then put on the battery terminals for the pump? or is there no need to take them off?

It's stays on battery chargers battery when your driving then stops when your not I had look on eBay £33 cheapest I've seen can't find any in shops around here but someone sure will know cheaper

I just carnt find the split charge relay with a cigarette lighter attachment. I have those quick realise terminals for my pump hopefully I could still use them with the split relay attached

i also use its other connector to charge my old van battery i use for my second pump&controller. it was £49. nevr let your leisure battery get tooooo low. you can also go to scrap yard and get a van batteryfor a stand by if needed. best to have 2 of everything

I just want one to connect to the cigarette lighter if possible I have a halfords charger that's very good that I use to charge the lesuire battery up over night. Just looking for something to top it up while I'm on the move but don't fancy them relayou chargers you have to run from the van battery.

Back