Pump and pressure shut off (P)

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Ryan, Feb 11, 2012.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Ryan

Ryan Guest

Ok so my van is kitted out now and doing a few practice runs with it

On the end of my poles iv got a tap when i turn it off the pump stops and goes to P on the display Then when i open the tap agine the pump starts back up.
    Just making sure this is what it should be doing ?

its working fun pumps water out nice and shuts of and tuns on great

2. badbusdriver

badbusdriver Guest

Yeah Ryan, it should be doing that, though no idea what the 'p' is indicating, 'pressure stop' maybe?. The pump stops once the pressure builds up to a certain point, which is why when you open the valve up again, the water squirts out with a burst of power, then slows down to its normal flow rate. I have an analogue pump controller, so there isnt a display, just a dial to select flow. I use a 'holster' on my belt where i hook the end of my microbore into, with a valve on it to switch off the water going from window to window.
  3. Ryan

Ryan Guest

I like the belt idea :]

ya its seems to be going on and off ok just wanted to check its normal

going to give it a good 3-4 hr test tomorrow now so hopefully it runs nice and smooth :]

4. martin

martin Guest

p or ps stands for pressure switch. it comes on when you turn the flow off.
  5. p is normal stands for pressure switch, get yourself an aqua adapter for turning the water on and off they are an awesome bit of kit well worth the money