Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New essential addition to the van, most cleaners overlook!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

choco

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I like your thinking but I get given food & drinks most of the time whilst I'm working.

Still a handy thing to have though as I love the smell of nepalm in the morning...sorry ment bacon /emoticons/biggrin.png

Was talking to my dad earlier, and he was telling me stories about how they use to cook when on the road. So though, why not? going to get this set up in the van-
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CAMP-CHEF-Portable-Outdoor-Camping-Gas-Stove-Oven-Brand-new-/131126938792?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item1e87c64ca8

Will be pretty awesome making fry ups for lunch, or popping a pizza in before I do a house, and having it ready for when i'm done!

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
a great idea ...we did it for a while when i was working for my dad....okay there is a bit more to it than that....

so i said to my mother....why do you bother with all these other meals? why not just have a fry up every night?

of course my dad heard that and he is not one to mess with...

so then he gave me egg and bacon in the morning ...took the campstove and gave it me for my dinner....and then guess what was for tea.....

it was three months before he broke me though....and i had noticed he was making the bacon really greasy....still tasted okay though...

anyway one wednesday night i did the deed and asked for a change....mind you this was only because i had stomach ache...i think my dad was sick of cooking it anyway...

and of course my number one meal is still a fry up.....i do limit it mainly to the weekend these days...but thanks for the memory....it was great to get that smell drifting around.....roll on saturday..

it must be a great idea especially in the winter...as nothing saps the moral as much as being cold and a nice hot pizza or what ever or just a good cuppa would be great to keep you going...you got me thinking now....it may be something i have to do...hot soup...yummy...cold hands no more.../emoticons/smile.png and of course not a waste of time if you are working and come running when you hear the good old whistle.....

a great idea ...we did it for a while when i was working for my dad....okay there is a bit more to it than that....
so i said to my mother....why do you bother with all these other meals? why not just have a fry up every night?

of course my dad heard that and he is not one to mess with...

so then he gave me egg and bacon in the morning ...took the campstove and gave it me for my dinner....and then guess what was for tea.....

it was three months before he broke me though....and i had noticed he was making the bacon really greasy....still tasted okay though...

anyway one wednesday night i did the deed and asked for a change....mind you this was only because i had stomach ache...i think my dad was sick of cooking it anyway...

and of course my number one meal is still a fry up.....i do limit it mainly to the weekend these days...but thanks for the memory....it was great to get that smell drifting around.....roll on saturday..

it must be a great idea especially in the winter...as nothing saps the moral as much as being cold and a nice hot pizza or what ever or just a good cuppa would be great to keep you going...you got me thinking now....it may be something i have to do...hot soup...yummy...cold hands no more.../emoticons/smile.png and of course not a waste of time if you are working and come running when you hear the good old whistle.....
sounds brilliant to me! just got myself a kettle that runs off the cig lighter. Full english fry up and a coffee during the cold months sounds pretty bliss to me!

Not much of a waste for the post above, on one of the bigger 30 mins jobs just leave it cooking in the oven, ready for when i've finished. Pretty sure I can demolish a fry up in 5 mins /emoticons/wink.png.

I've been using a stove at work for years. I have digestive issues and the long and short of it is that I can't eat shop sandwiches or the like. So it's prep my own food in the morning or get out and prep it during the day. Also hot cooked food goes down easier on my weak gut. I take all sorts. Customers often make comment! In the winter it's a win win! Some may consider it time wasting but nothing motives you to get back out there like having hot meal at lunch. All of a sudden you feel ready to crack on and all warmed up inside.

Find other more inventive ways to save time if you're that rushed that you have to eat on the move. Time management is about being clever, not always rushing.

Do it, get a stove. You won't look back.

Do it, get a stove. You won't look back.

what about the five minute snooze afterwards? then fully recharged back to the grindstone for round two..../emoticons/biggrin.png..that was in the olden days i too old now...but then again...i am very busy and may have to go back in time and do full days work again...

ditto smurf i getting hungry too...

I quite like the idea of this as I do a lot of camping but there may be an easier way. There are thermos style food containers you can buy which keep meals hot for hours. That and a flask and you're good to go.

Back