Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Monthly price difference

If you have houses on a street and one near by wants 3 monthly of course it's worth it but what's a fair price bearing in mind in my area there is very little difference in 1and 2 monthly cleaning time. I have 3 six monthly that don't take much longer than normal

first cleans take ageswill it end up one off

so you have to way it up, i always treat first cleans as possible one offs

price acordingly
Charge the same for first cleans as one offs 50% mess you about if they are serious about taking you on and the windows haven't been done for ages they'll pay, the messers won't? Good way of spotting opportunists.

If you have houses on a street and one near by wants 3 monthly of course it's worth it but what's a fair price bearing in mind in my area there is very little difference in 1and 2 monthly cleaning time. I have 3 six monthly that don't take much longer than normal
I do 6week, 12week and one off down here in Devon. As an average I would bump up the price by about £5 for 12 week. Definitely more work involved, only getting 4 payments a year as opposed to 8 ect ect.

I add 20/25% to the 4 weekly price and just say there's more dirt to clean so will take longer. In reality it doesn't but never had a customer complain about the difference in price. Also say it's £10 every 4 weeks or £12 every 8 which make it equivalent to £6 every 4 weeks if you want them on an 8 weekly. I prefer 8 weekly so I have more customers and earn more on each clean

I add 20/25% to the 4 weekly price and just say there's more dirt to clean so will take longer. In reality it doesn't but never had a customer complain about the difference in price. Also say it's £10 every 4 weeks or £12 every 8 which make it equivalent to £6 every 4 weeks if you want them on an 8 weekly. I prefer 8 weekly so I have more customers and earn more on each clean
yes i've just been talking to a lad who only does 8 weekly & it does seem a very good idea, he takes more time over each job but still earns more /hour

yes i've just been talking to a lad who only does 8 weekly & it does seem a very good idea, he takes more time over each job but still earns more /hour

And even if it takes a little longer you don't have to sequence as many jobs in, less moving from one job to another, that's time?

Back