Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

WEBSITE???

H

Hunty

HI all,

So I was wondering what you all think of websites, I am a one man army as I am sure a lot of you are, and get all my business from canvassing and recco.

I am going to get an email address but not sure whether to pay for a website, does it make a difference honestly?

Thanks for your views as always!

A good, high ranking website will change your business like nothing else, well worth it,

BUT

It's only worth it if your ranking high on Google, you'll get what you pay for, so if you decide to get a website, don't do it half heartedly, and you won't be disappointed,

You'll never need to canvas ever again, that's for sure :thumbsup:

A website is only as good as the work it brings in,... done right its an amazing marketing tool that will pay for itself many times over - - done wrong you might as well just flush your money away!

I was talking to someone last week who works as a DJ in Sussex - he paid £3500 (an absolutely crazy amount of money) for a fairly bog standard website 4 months ago and hasn't got a single enquiry from it yet because the company didn't do any SEO work at all - not even the basics like headings, titles & tags! So make sure you know exactly what you're getting for your cash before you sign-up & go for someone who comes recommended.

Nice one and thanks for the replies all @Bishy like your site :thumbsup:

So really it's fair to say that unless I put the money in its pointless, I think I will have the email and own the domain name ready then in that case, for when I have the time and money to do it!

Thanks all:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

My website was only £300 all in mate and get jobs come in via phones / website call backs my site has paid for it self 3 times over in last 4 months having it I'm not kidding . Look pic posted I wouldn't get them enguirys if didn't have site .

View attachment 5622

Just make sure who does ur website it's mobile format as well , as customer use phone internet to look up window cleaners or plumbers etc

Nice one and thanks for the replies all @Bishy like your site :thumbsup:
So really it's fair to say that unless I put the money in its pointless, I think I will have the email and own the domain name ready then in that case, for when I have the time and money to do it!

Thanks all:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
You don't need to spend much, mine was £500, and that was quite expensive really, but it paid for itself very quickly, you can pay around £300 and still get a fantastic website, I just chose a few optional extras that increased price,

As said the key is getting it ranking well, once that's done you'll be amazed at the enquiries,

The dj that njones has mentioned must be insane paying that much!

personally i think you can "do it on the cheap" and still get good results . iv had a vistaprint website about 7yrs and its always raked in loadsa work .

i pay something like 8 quid a month and easy to update by me/this means you can post up "special offers,daily deals" on a whim. vista websites have a nifty feature in that you can check daily on how many viewers each day and where the browsers are from .

Yep - price means nothing,.. paying more doesn't necessarily mean your getting a better website & it is completely possible to DIY a decent website if you put enough time & effort into it. I'd always advise building a wordpress site instead of using a sitebuilder like vistaprint or Wix though - its usually much easier to get it ranking well in Google if you do.

This is the site that cost £3.5K - - its nothing special at all is it - and the designers won't even give him an admin login so he can improve it! : http://www.hd-dj.co.uk/

That guy is getting me to build a new site soon - he'll be getting a much better finished product and only paying £24 a month this time!

You don't need to spend much, mine was £500, and that was quite expensive really, but it paid for itself very quickly, you can pay around £300 and still get a fantastic website, I just chose a few optional extras that increased price,
As said the key is getting it ranking well, once that's done you'll be amazed at the enquiries,

The dj that njones has mentioned must be insane paying that much!

Web site is a must mate. I have a link on mine for PayPal payments also. Very handy indeed and only cost me £300 notes.

Ajwindowcleaningservices.co.uk

Have a gander and if interested I'll pass guys details on to you.

Thanks for replies all, appreciate replies.

So ok a website is a must then lol, and I agree that mobile site is important I will look into over the next few weeks, I do think that 3-500 is about right price but am I right by saying that the thing that keeps you highly ranked on Google is social media links like fb and Twitter?

A website is only as good as the work it brings in,... done right its an amazing marketing tool that will pay for itself many times over - - done wrong you might as well just flush your money away!
I was talking to someone last week who works as a DJ in Sussex - he paid £3500 (an absolutely crazy amount of money) for a fairly bog standard website 4 months ago and hasn't got a single enquiry from it yet because the company didn't do any SEO work at all - not even the basics like headings, titles & tags! So make sure you know exactly what you're getting for your cash before you sign-up & go for someone who comes recommended.

And i hope the bloke doing mine takes heed of the above :hehehe:/emoticons/biggrin.png:laugh:

Thanks for replies all, appreciate replies.So ok a website is a must then lol, and I agree that mobile site is important I will look into over the next few weeks, I do think that 3-500 is about right price but am I right by saying that the thing that keeps you highly ranked on Google is social media links like fb and Twitter?
I only have a Twitter feed in my website, but apparantly it makes no difference what so ever for seo,

It's more about good strong text, and good content etc, I don't think google rank websites based on social media anymore (njones will confirm this)

Actually - social media can really boost your ranking if you use it right - - having feeds on your website does nothing for SEO (Though on some sites its good for customer interaction),.. but if you have a business page on Facebook and occasionally link from that to specific pages or blog posts on your website, those inbound links can have an effect. Google+ is especially good for this,.. but its also rubbish and boring so SEO is the only reason I ever go near it!

Its pretty simple really, great content, keywords in all the right places, headers, tags etc and off site seo with backlinks, social media and blogging. regular updates and keep on top of it all

Back