Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Correct Size Filter Spanner...?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

You do not need a spanner as should be just hand tight. /emoticons/wink.png

Try undoing the filters by hand first as they normally come undo quite easily....

You do not need a spanner as should be just hand tight. /emoticons/wink.png

Try undoing the filters by hand first as they normally come undo quite easily....
okay mate, didn't seem hand tight(which is why i assumed spanner needed), but ill give it some muscle!

There is a rubber seal on them so might need to use a little bit of muscle power to get them undone,...after changing the filtters just use enough hand pressure to seal it correctly so does not leak making sure the filters are lined up first. Simples. /emoticons/biggrin.png

I've not had to use a filter spanner for years /emoticons/smile.png

How did you get on?

There is a rubber seal on them so might need to use a little bit of muscle power to get them undone,...after changing the filtters just use enough hand pressure to seal it correctly so does not leak making sure the filters are lined up first. Simples. /emoticons/biggrin.png

How did you get on?
thanks for the advice buddy! Well, tried some 'extra persuasion' but still not budging! Gonna have a proper look tmrw when I have more time. /emoticons/smile.png

How did you get on?
hmmmm....well, have tried brute force but still no joy undoing DI resin canisters! They may have been over-tightened by the chap I bought the trolley off me finks. I don't want to risk damaging the canisters though. I'm thinking maybe boiling water to help loosen the rubber seal(or am I barking up wrong trees?).

What size and make canister is it?

Might help if you post a pic too so maybe doug could help you out

What size and make canister is it?

Might help if you post a pic too so maybe doug could help you out
not sure of size mate, but its a Polarbrite trolley with x3 DI canisters on front. Pics on my Members Album titled 'My WFP Trolley'(sorry haven't got access to my PC at moment to upload another pic but that's the trolley.

No problem, Those are 10" housings so a standard 10" housing spanner should fit. Before ordering from a supplier best to just make sure first by sending that pic to them to confirm you will get the right one (some makes are slightly different) /emoticons/wink.png

No problem, Those are 10" housings so a standard 10" housing spanner should fit. Before ordering from a supplier best to just make sure first by sending that pic to them to confirm you will get the right one (some makes are slightly different) /emoticons/wink.png
sorry mate, just seen your earlier post and it answers my question. Thanks for that.

There are various size 10" vessels. I have 3 types of spanners in stock.

If you can measure the diameter may be able to help
thanks mate. Have measured circumference of canisters and they are 12inch. Also I noticed that the canisters have x4 ridges(1 running vertically down each side/opposite each other) down each side if that helps identify correct spanner, or are they universal(apart from the size obviously?).

thanks mate. Have measured circumference of canisters and they are 12inch. Also I noticed that the canisters have x4 ridges(1 running vertically down each side/opposite each other) down each side if that helps identify correct spanner, or are they universal(apart from the size obviously?).
anyone able to suggest where I can get this spanner from?

Latest Posts

Back